DVC Tour at Closed Out Resort?

donald#1

Earning My Ears
We are planning on doing a DVC tour during our next trip to Disney in October. We are renting at BWV and was wondering if we can get a tour at BCV or are all tours currently given at SSR. What about AKL? Are they giving tours there yet? We havent decided where to buy our home resort yet, but we are leaning towards BWV, BCV or AKL.

It's my understanding than while on a DVC tour, they will only show you what' currently being sold. Right now you would be shown a SSR model studio, 1br & GV. When AKV models open later this month, you'll mostly likely be show both if you wish. As far as BCV, I have been told to check with the front desk at BC to see if there is a unit not being rented that they will show you. BWV has a model open on the Boardwalk but you are staying there and will see for yourself.

Good luck,
Blakely

Prior to our BCV purchase we tried to get a look at the rooms. I called the resort and they told us to come over anytime. We got there around 3:00PM and we were told that the "Runner" is the person who needs to show us the Villas. The Runner was out running and would back shortly. We hung around for a couple of hours, checking back a few times. We had to leave for a ADR so I gave the Front Desk CM my name and cell phone #. Never got a call.

I called the next day and was told to come over. This time we were there around 1:00PM. I went to the Front Desk and was told that it is not their policy to show the Villas? I explained that we were told to come over. The CM went to the back room and when she returned she told us that she checked and it is not their policy. We were sitting in the lobby deciding if we were going to take the place by force when the Resort Manager walked up to us to apologized for the miss understanding. He told us that they no longer allow tours.

At WLV, no problem. Front Desk CM took us right over and showed us a unit. :confused3

Thanks for the input. I guess I won't get my hopes up to see BCV units. Are they similar to BWV units?

Have you looked at the 360-degree tours on the public DVC website? www.disneyvacationclub.com They also have floor plans (click on the links on the Accommodations page for each resort). That will give you a fairly good idea of the differences between the villas at each resort. There are also lots of photos on sites such as www.allearsnet.com. Tagrel's website has some nice photo tours of many DVC resorts. I think he also has posted the AKV points charts that you asked about on another thread. www.tagrel.com

Before buying SSR last July we wanted to tour VWL, since we have really young kids and imagine we'd want to stay closer to MK for some time. We called ahead and were told to stop by and they would try to accommodate. We were in the lobby less than 10min before someone came by and gave us a tour of the rooms and quick tour of the property. I was worried about how dark the rooms seemed to me on virtual tours, but in person we fell in love with the whole resort and are planning our next trip there in 7 months! I was told that they are equally accommodating at other resorts as long as they have the staff and available room at the time you go. I would just try calling ahead that day to ask about slower times, room availability and staff availability for a tour. Good luck! :)

We are going down in April to stay at our home resort SSR. We bought totally blind, and made our decision on the Disney reputation. As new DVC members we had hopes of seeing all of the WDW DVC resorts. Hopefully we will have some luck. This way we'll know exactly which resort we want to stay in next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter