• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC to ship: Best way?

WRH3MD

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hi all, dw and I are experienced DCLers but always drive from the resort OKW to the terminal. This time dd and sil will be joining us and need to get from OKW to the port but cannot ride with us because of all of our stuff. How can they get from point A, OKW to point B, The Magic? Suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Wes

They can use the DCL bus. How it works is when you get to OKW there is a desk that you order your one-way or round-trip transfer to the port (it's around $24 per person one way), they will give you the info regarding time to meet; you bring your luggage down (tagged with DCL tags provided in documents), jump on the bus (located at OKW), and the next time you see your luggage is outside your stateroom on the cruise. This info is included in your documents. We're traveling with another couple this July and our family of 5 cannot possibly squeeze another family into our rental. Since there's only 2 of them, they are taking the bus.

Trishy, thanks for the info. This is news to me as I was told the bus didn't service OKW and you had to make your way to another resort and try to get the bus there. By the way, we are doing a back to back and will be getting off as you are getting on. Wes

Hi WRH3MD.

This time dd and sil will be joining us and need to get from OKW to the port but cannot ride with us because of all of our stuff. How can they get from point A, OKW to point B, The Magic?

I am assuming DD and SIL are flying into MCO. Instead of using the buses, they could reserve one of the towncar services. On our first cruise last August, we used Tiffany. MCO to port, port to WDW and WDW to MCO was $205 + tip. Your DD and SIL will be paying $100 each merely to go OKW to port and port to MCO. Just a thought...

Hi Buckeroo's Dad.
I did not explain well. DD and SIL are coming down two days prior to departure and staying with us at OKW. Sat Am we head for the Magic but surely we cannot fit everything into the car as we have to take the back row of seats out just to put our stuff (DW, DS and DD and me) into the car. (We NEVER travel light. One never knows what to expect although this will be our 6th trip on the Magic.) The situation is complicated by the fact that when we get back we are tossing off DD, DS ,DD and SIL and they are going to get in the car and go back to OKW for a week while Mommy and Daddy do a back to back. Son will drive DD and her hubby to MCO later that day. So all I really need is one pair of one-way rides from OKW (WDW) to the Magic. The rest, I fervently hope, will take care of itself. Wow...do I need this trip!!! The Normandy invasion didn't require this much planning. Thanks for the info. Wes

I would personally book a round trip with Tiffany. They don't care probably who's in the car! They can take SIL and DD to the Magic and pick you and DH up after your "honeymoon"!

We have used Tiffany MANY times and love "Jack" one of their drivers.

:wave:

Thanks for the heads up re Tiffany. Any idea how much they cost? If it is significantly different then they may want to try the DCL bus. Thanks. Wes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter