DVC & TiW

nutty4wdw

DIS Veteran
heard something about DVC members are going to be able to purchase the TiW without needing an AP. anyone hear of this yet. would be nice to have.

Yes, it was announced at the Member meeting in December. I believe it was mentioned Spring, but I read something on the boards just this past week that they had heard that someone was able to get it already.

There seems to be a few reports of members now being able to buy a TiW for $100 (same as Fla resident)

We haven't purchased 1 in like 3 years but I wanted to get it on our spring break trip...I thought it was like $75?! Did it go up this year???:confused3

Yes! I can confirm that on Wednesday when I bought our TIW card I was told DVC members can now purchase them without the AP. (I was buying an AP so I had to ask...) CM said it had just started. I didn't ask what the price is though. :sad2::upsidedow

SotS

thinking about it, i would assume that a TiW card would be advantageous if your stay is long or visit several times a year. i usually get an AP in that case.

Can someone tell me what TiW is????? Sorry

thinking about it, i would assume that a TiW card would be advantageous if your stay is long or visit several times a year. i usually get an AP in that case.

Yes. With less than one table service per day, 2 adults and 1 six year old (all vegetarian, so not ordering expensive steaks, etc), we hit the $75-in-discounts mark before 10 days. It was very cool. :) The rest of that trip, and all of the next trip that year, was pure discount.

I fail to see how much you could really save if you get 20% off but they add 18% on as a tip. Can anyone please enlighten me on this?

I fail to see how much you could really save if you get 20% off but they add 18% on as a tip. Can anyone please enlighten me on this?
>>>

Well, They only add the tip at table serve places, do you not tip? We always tip 20% so at TS places it would be like free tips to us.

There are a few places that wouldn't be tipped like the Flametree at Animal Kingdom or the food courts at the value places.

Where I was raised a tip was something earned. We start out with a level and if the service is good they get more but if the service is bad they get less. So a flat % does not add up. I know somepeople say you must always but that is not the way we see it so we are not going to enter into that discussion. Yes I have worked in the service industry and made sure I busted my butt to earn my tips not hang out behind the counter. So you are saying that your savings would be your tip at TS, I can see your point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter