DVC ticket offer

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
Has anyone bought the new DVC ticket offer with free day and free wpam with ph purchase, and then upgraded to DVC Platinum AP? Or did they make you get the Platinum Plus? It is a $38 saving, but I don't want wpam, just the $38 savings.

Normal MYW + Hopper + WP&M can be upgraded to a Gold or normal AP as long as you didn't use any of the WP&M entitlements.

But I've not heard of anyone yet trying it on the new DVC tickets.

I would not count on Disney bridging tickets that they sold. They will know exactly what you paid for that ticket and are more likely to just give credit for the actual price IMO.

I would not count on Disney bridging tickets that they sold. They will know exactly what you paid for that ticket and are more likely to just give credit for the actual price IMO.
So long as they're not sold as part of a package, they'll still bridge a used ticket even if you bought it directly from them. They used to bridge any ticket, but made a change a few years ago to exclude those sold as part of a package.

DH and I have a planned trip in May and we have been discussing tickets today. When I went to the WDW website it stated that the Gold pass had to be purchased by 3/31...is this crazy? I knew the special 4 day ticket with one day free offer had an end date of 3/31....but not the Gold Pass...can someone else check to see if they can find this in the fine print like I did...or did I read it wrong. It stated that just below or above the Gold Pass black out dates. Maybe I am just slow and did not realize the Gold Pass was a "timed" pass. In case others did not realize this I wanted to check into it.

So long as they're not sold as part of a package, they'll still bridge a used ticket even if you bought it directly from them. They used to bridge any ticket, but made a change a few years ago to exclude those sold as part of a package.

My understanding was that they would not bridge any discounted tickets sold. If that were true then it would depend on if they are marking these as discounted or just a particular ticket.

DH and I have a planned trip in May and we have been discussing tickets today. When I went to the WDW website it stated that the Gold pass had to be purchased by 3/31...is this crazy? I knew the special 4 day ticket with one day free offer had an end date of 3/31....but not the Gold Pass...can someone else check to see if they can find this in the fine print like I did...or did I read it wrong. It stated that just below or above the Gold Pass black out dates. Maybe I am just slow and did not realize the Gold Pass was a "timed" pass. In case others did not realize this I wanted to check into it.

That was noticed by others. The Gold AP is not a limited product and it seems like they website really needs tweaking to make that clear.

While calling DVC about a reservation I doubled checked on the Gold AP and the blurb about "buy by March 31st". As most suspected that only applies to the 25th Anniversary ticket offer. The Gold AP goes until such time as Disney changes their AP products again and currently has no end date.

On the website, it says these are promotional tickets. Do they let you upgrade promotional tickets?

You've got that backwards. They will bridge package tickets, but not tickets purchased directly.

Hi, I noticed this too. We are just getting ready to purchase the Gold passes for our July trip. I just want to clarify that even if I purchase four Gold passes NOW, I can activate them when we arrive in July?

Thanks.

Hi, I noticed this too. We are just getting ready to purchase the Gold passes for our July trip. I just want to clarify that even if I purchase four Gold passes NOW, I can activate them when we arrive in July?

Thanks.

Yes. AP's don't activate until you use them for the first time. If, on some slight chance, they were sent active you could always go to guess service to straighten it out but that mostly seems to just be a possible issue when upgrading from a ticket. If you were upgrading from a previous pass then it just extends the existing by a year from it's expiration date.

Yes. AP's don't activate until you use them for the first time. If, on some slight chance, they were sent active you could always go to guess service to straighten it out but that mostly seems to just be a possible issue when upgrading from a ticket. If you were upgrading from a previous pass then it just extends the existing by a year from it's expiration date.

Thanks, not upgrading, these are new passes.

We did have AP's back in 2013, but did not renew them when they expired in 2014.

We spoke to Disney CM member services, and they confirmed that they will upgrade the special ticket to gold AP. We realized after we bought it that we needed two gold AP rather than the ten day ticket deal we purchased. They will not upgrade now, until we get to the parks next June (2017)...no issue they claim....and they will do before we activate the special ten day pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter