DVC Thread – It may be the “Best Kept Secret” in Australia even if it isn’t in Disney

View from our Boardwalk View room.

BWV-01.jpg

... SIGH...:thumbsup2

I'd love to purchase DVC. I have a question about the annual dues... are they the same for everybody no matter what your stake is?

Also, why would you buy through Disney when the resales seem to be so much cheaper?

I'd love to purchase DVC. I have a question about the annual dues... are they the same for everybody no matter what your stake is?

Also, why would you buy through Disney when the resales seem to be so much cheaper?

Annual dues vary as to the resort, the dues increase slightly each year and are charged yearly for each DVC point you own.

Current dues listing.

Animal Kingdom Villas $5.01
Aulani Villas Hawaii $5.73
Bay Lake Tower $3.89
Beach Club Villas $5.27
Boardwalk Villas $5.45
Grand Californian DL $4.07
Hilton Head $5.67
Old Key West $4.98
Saratoga Springs $4.51
Vero Beach $6.77
Wilderness Lodge $5.34

The links below provides some good information.

FAQ http://www.dvc-resales.com/faq.htm

Point Charts: http://www.dvc-resales.com/DVC-point-charts.htm

In the past Disney was not much higher in cost than resale. In 2005 we bought 200 points as an add-on, the cost from Disney for BWV was $92.00/point, resales at that time were around $84.00/point plus closing costs and bank fees. Buying through Disney in 2005 there were no closing costs and the payment was made with AMEX.

Currently I would not buy through Disney, there are some good deals going with resale. I think Saratoga Springs with the membership expiring in 2054 and low annual dues would be a good deal. I just don't like the location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter