DVC & Tables in Wonderland Question

Not on Epcot but Victoria and Alberts stopped, which was a substantial extra cost.

Which ones stopped taking it? I know some never did but wasn't aware others dropped it

http://tablesinwonderland.com/

Note:

Beginning August 1st 2014, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey’s, ‘Ohana (Dinner Only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, LeChefs de France, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, and Le Cellier Steakhouse will be subject to the additional blockout weeks of: November 23-29, 2014; December 21-27, 2014; March 8-April 4, 2015; May 31-June 20, 2015.

I purchased a TIW card on 1/18/2015 at the GR outside MK. My expiration on the card is 2/18/2016.

I thought the TIW website was implying it now was good for 12 month because it says you have to buy a new pass each year. I will miss get the extra days as we sometimes got 3 visits in on one card.

I don't have an issue with the blackout dates. We will be there from April 1-8 and I just booked non-blackout restaurants until April 6 (everything is blocked out April 5, which is Easter). So I saved Ohana until April 7.
The summer blackout would be more problematic as we usually go in mid-June if we go in summer.
Daisyx3

Ugh! Our next trip is April 20-May 5, 2015 and I planned to buy a TIW card on May 1 because the next trip after that will be June 18-25, 2016. I thought that if I bought in in May 2015 it would be good until the end of June 2016. Can anyone else who has bought a card recently confirm this? If the card will expire before our next trip, there is no reason for me to buy one in May. We are eating at BOG (dinner), WCC (lunch), Via Napoli (dinner) and Boma (breakfast) so there is no way we will spend $500 in those meals to recoup the cost. Plus, at Via Napoli and WCC, we are eligible for AP/DVC/Disney Visa discounts so that would make the TIW card even less valuable for one trip. In 2016, we are going with the whole family (15 people) so we will definitely have one for that trip. I just need to figure out if I should buy one in May or wait until next year.

Ugh! Our next trip is April 20-May 5, 2015 and I planned to buy a TIW card on May 1 because the next trip after that will be June 18-25, 2016. I thought that if I bought in in May 2015 it would be good until the end of June 2016. Can anyone else who has bought a card recently confirm this? If the card will expire before our next trip, there is no reason for me to buy one in May. We are eating at BOG (dinner), WCC (lunch), Via Napoli (dinner) and Boma (breakfast) so there is no way we will spend $500 in those meals to recoup the cost. Plus, at Via Napoli and WCC, we are eligible for AP/DVC/Disney Visa discounts so that would make the TIW card even less valuable for one trip. In 2016, we are going with the whole family (15 people) so we will definitely have one for that trip. I just need to figure out if I should buy one in May or wait until next year.

Yes. If you purchase in May, it should be good through June of the NEXT year. This has not changed, as far as I know. Enjoy!

Yes. If you purchase in May, it should be good through June of the NEXT year. This has not changed, as far as I know. Enjoy!

I believe it has changed. My 2013/2014 TiW card was purchase on 5/3/13 and the expiration stated 6/30/14. However the card I just purchase 10 days go has an exact expiration date of 13 months, not thru the end of the 13th month. I purchased both cards in the same location, outside of MK.

So unless each CM has control over the expiration, things are different.

I just need to figure out if I should buy one in May or wait until next year.
Why not make the decision in May? Go up and ask when the expiration date would be before purchasing.

Why not make the decision in May? Go up and ask when the expiration date would be before purchasing.

That's a great idea...I shouldn't post my questions when I am half awake;)

It will make it a bit trickier to budget for my meals, but I think if I budget $100 for the card and plan our four meals with the discount, it would be a wash if I don't buy the card and use the $100 towards the non-discounted meals.

To get the most accurate information regarding the TiW cards expiration date, you should email the TiW group directly: WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com

If the TiW groups says the expiration dates are still supposed to the the last day of the month, they need to make sure the guest relations folks know that.

Also, if it's still supposed to be end of month and your card expires during the month and you will at at WDW between when it says it will expire and when it really should, the TiW people can make a note in the system so you can get a TiW card with the correct expiration date.

So for the SWW character meals, will those be covered since they're at H&V and Sci Fi? Or are special events excluded?

Thanks for the blackout dates. In all I've heard about TIW, no one has mentioned black out dates.

I believe it has changed. My 2013/2014 TiW card was purchase on 5/3/13 and the expiration stated 6/30/14. However the card I just purchase 10 days go has an exact expiration date of 13 months, not thru the end of the 13th month. I purchased both cards in the same location, outside of MK.

So unless each CM has control over the expiration, things are different.

I'll be curious what happens next month. I wonder if they have some trouble with the leap year and couldn't set the expiration to 2/29 for some reason.

So it's best to purchase it right before you are about to use it to get the most possible use out of it.

We've purchased it twice and we did it at Guest Relations after walking into the gate in the morning. No sense in buying it before you can actually use it. :)

It's not difficult to get a good value out of your TiW even if you only use it for the resort valet parking, which is $20 a pop. Bring your dining receipt when you go to fetch your car.

It's not difficult to get a good value out of your TiW even if you only use it for the resort valet parking, which is $20 a pop. Bring your dining receipt when you go to fetch your car.

Keep in mind it is only good for three hours of parking. You can also get a refund of Theme Park parking from Guest Relations, if TS dining at the park. But it too has the three hour limit. You have to submit your TIW card, receipts for parking and dining and photo ID to Guest Relations. I doubt if the Theme Park Parking would affect very many DVC members since we usually are staying at a resort and get free admittance to theme park parking. But those that live locally could take advantage of it.

I buy the TiW card because I'm cheap. I'm not going to tip a valet if I can park the car myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter