Dvc studio at boardwalk question.

Bee1960

Earning My Ears
I'm new here so thanks up front.b
We are staying at boardwalk villa's April 27-May 4 th 2013. We bought a friends DVC points. Studio room.
I am reading a lot about these long hallways andlong walks to the elev.
Can anyone give me an idea as to the best rooms to ask for . Just two people no children. This is the first time at a deluxe resort.
Thank you
:confused3
All star music Dec2010
Coranado springs april 2011
Caribbean beach Oct. 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter April 2012

Port Orleans. French Quarter. Oct 2012

Which room category did you reserve, standard, pool/garden or boardwalk view?

:earsboy: Bill

If you're concerned about long hallways just request "near elevators". That tells the room assigner what is important to you and they can do their best to fulfill it within the constraints of the room category booked.

Bee1960 said:
Pool/garden
Thanks

Then you should request a "Village Green" room. These are all studios and are close to the elevator, pool, lobby, etc. You will be overlooking the grassy area between the lobby and the lake. You will have a partial BW view.

The hallways never bothered us......that being said we did have a room next to the elevators during one of our stays. You could hear the elevators every morning going up and down. My family starts their days late, kids enjoy sleeping in a little even at Disney. We have yet to make any morning Magic Hours.

jekjones1558 said:
Then you should request a "Village Green" room. These are all studios and are close to the elevator, pool, lobby, etc. You will be overlooking the grassy area between the lobby and the lake. You will have a partial BW view.

Thank you very much

browniemtb said:
The hallways never bothered us......that being said we did have a room next to the elevators during one of our stays. You could hear the elevators every morning going up and down. My family starts their days late, kids enjoy sleeping in a little even at Disney. We have yet to make any morning Magic Hours.

Thank you very much

If studio request Village Green not just because it is close to elevators but it is one of the better pool/garden views and gives partial view of boardwalk. The elevators are near the lobby. The pool is also near that area. Even if you get the rooms farthest from the lobby, the longest walk from lobby to room is only about 125 yards and takes about 90 seconds causal adult pace.

If studio request Village Green not just because it is close to elevators but it is one of the better pool/garden views and gives partial view of boardwalk. The elevators are near the lobby. The pool is also near that area. Even if you get the rooms farthest from the lobby, the longest walk from lobby to room is only about 125 yards and takes about 90 seconds causal adult pace.

Thank you for this...

FWIW, one can avoid the long hallways by taking the stairs located in various places including the far ends of those long hallways. We use the stairs on a regular basis when staying at BWV and specifically request locations at the far ends of the hallways as they allow super fast-getaway to the great outdoors.

FWIW, one can avoid the long hallways by taking the stairs located in various places including the far ends of those long hallways. We use the stairs on a regular basis when staying at BWV and specifically request locations at the far ends of the hallways as they allow super fast-getaway to the great outdoors.

Thank you

Definitely request a Village Green view (and politely state that you are willing to wait for your room if you request can be filled). I had a fabulous VG top floor studio for my stay the last week of November. GREAT room. Good view. Looked refurbished, very quiet and just around the corner from the elevators. So easy to bop in and out of the room. The best was the view from my balcony :love:

And to go one more-- we use the bus stop at the swan (or dolphin, i don't remember which it is) by walking across the bridge beyond jelly rolls when we get a room in that area.

Village green would get my vote as well. Don't forget about those enormous balconies where you could fit a football team on too. Another nice perk for VG.

are "village green" views only available for studios? we've rented 8 nights in a 2bed pool/garden view in June... so wondering where we could wind up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter