Dvc studio at boardwalk question.

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by Bee1960, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Bee1960

Bee1960 Earning My Ears

I'm new here so thanks up front.b
    We are staying at boardwalk villa's April 27-May 4 th 2013. We bought a friends DVC points. Studio room.
    I am reading a lot about these long hallways andlong walks to the elev.
    Can anyone give me an idea as to the best rooms to ask for . Just two people no children. This is the first time at a deluxe resort.
    Thank you
    :confused3
    All star music Dec2010
    Coranado springs april 2011
    Caribbean beach Oct. 2011
    Port Orleans French Quarter April 2012

Port Orleans. French Quarter. Oct 2012

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Which room category did you reserve, standard, pool/garden or boardwalk view?

:earsboy: Bill

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

If you're concerned about long hallways just request "near elevators". That tells the room assigner what is important to you and they can do their best to fulfill it within the constraints of the room category booked.

5. Bee1960

Bee1960 Earning My Ears

Pool garden view. Thank you

6. Bee1960

Bee1960 Earning My Ears

Pool/garden
    Thanks

7. jekjones1558

jekjones1558 Always happy at Disney

Then you should request a "Village Green" room. These are all studios and are close to the elevator, pool, lobby, etc. You will be overlooking the grassy area between the lobby and the lake. You will have a partial BW view.

8. browniemtb

browniemtb DIS Veteran

The hallways never bothered us......that being said we did have a room next to the elevators during one of our stays. You could hear the elevators every morning going up and down. My family starts their days late, kids enjoy sleeping in a little even at Disney. We have yet to make any morning Magic Hours.

9. Bee1960

Bee1960 Earning My Ears

Thank you very much

10. Bee1960

Bee1960 Earning My Ears

Thank you very much

11. drusba

drusba <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

If studio request Village Green not just because it is close to elevators but it is one of the better pool/garden views and gives partial view of boardwalk. The elevators are near the lobby. The pool is also near that area. Even if you get the rooms farthest from the lobby, the longest walk from lobby to room is only about 125 yards and takes about 90 seconds causal adult pace.

12. Bee1960

Bee1960 Earning My Ears

Thank you for this...

13. bwvBound

bwvBound DVC SSR & other timeshare

FWIW, one can avoid the long hallways by taking the stairs located in various places including the far ends of those long hallways. We use the stairs on a regular basis when staying at BWV and specifically request locations at the far ends of the hallways as they allow super fast-getaway to the great outdoors.

14. Bee1960

Bee1960 Earning My Ears

Thank you

15. ttfn3

ttfn3 DIS Veteran

Definitely request a Village Green view (and politely state that you are willing to wait for your room if you request can be filled). I had a fabulous VG top floor studio for my stay the last week of November. GREAT room. Good view. Looked refurbished, very quiet and just around the corner from the elevators. So easy to bop in and out of the room. The best was the view from my balcony :love:

16. beer dave

beer dave Master of the obvious

And to go one more-- we use the bus stop at the swan (or dolphin, i don't remember which it is) by walking across the bridge beyond jelly rolls when we get a room in that area.

17. DizDaD7

DizDaD7 Truly a ~GOOFY~ Person.

Village green would get my vote as well. Don't forget about those enormous balconies where you could fit a football team on too. Another nice perk for VG.

18. ErikSorensen

ErikSorensen Earning My Ears

are "village green" views only available for studios? we've rented 8 nights in a 2bed pool/garden view in June... so wondering where we could wind up.