DVC stay as a Thank you Gift what do I need to know

Lisa75

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. We only recently purchased DVC at AKL. We have not had our first DVC stay as I am expecting a baby next month. Our neighbor is an artist and has graciously offered to and started painting a mural in our son's nursery. The mural is inspired by the Tree of Life and Animal Kingdom. She has started sketching and I am blown away by the detail and work going into this.

She refused to let us pay her for this work. I can only imagine what something like this would cost if I hired someone. I have been wracking my brain about a thank you gift to give her upon completion and anything I think of falls short. But today as she was drawing she said her and her husband are taking their granddaughter to WDW when she turns 10 (about a year and a half from now). So I think I would love to gift them 100 points to stay while they are there.

From those of you who have done this, what do I need to consider to go about this? Thanks for your tips/experience.

Lisa.

If they are not members, you would have to make a reservation in their name. If they are members, you would transfer them the points.

:earsboy: Bill

It has been a while, but my SIL had never been to WDW. When my brother had his HS reunion we gave them a few nights. What I did was find out what nights they wanted and booked it for them. When they asked the names and address of the guests, I gave DVC theirs.

As others have said you will have to make a reservation for them if they are not members. The only other thing I would caution is to make sure they understand the approximate costs of going even with the room provided and the cancellation policies. There is nothing sadder than wasted points.

All great points to consider. Dh was concerned that they would feel awkward accepting. Lots to think about. Thanks, all!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter