DVC... Saving us money again!

Here's where I get into trouble...
How much more to add on one more night? :lmao:

I mean you do have a couple points left over and all. You could just rent a few more. The park tickets are free and the airfare is probably the same. :rolleyes1

They should have a devil over the shoulder smilie!

Way to go! Airfares have REALLY come down lately... Last year I paid $220 round trip for 1:scared1:. Right now I could get round trip for $130... :banana::banana::banana:

Have a GREAT time!:cool1:

Here's where I get into trouble...
How much more to add on one more night? :lmao:

I mean you do have a couple points left over and all. You could just rent a few more. The park tickets are free and the airfare is probably the same. :rolleyes1

They should have a devil over the shoulder smilie!

That question won't enter my mind; I go back to work the day after we come home. I don't think missing the first day of the new school year would go over too well with The Powers That Be.

This is a very funny discussion. Just this summer for our daughters birthday in June we wanted to do a short getaway to Cedar Point in Sandusky OH. By the time we priced Cedar Point tickets and hotel along with food it was going to cost us more for 2 nights there than 5 nights at WDW.

We ended up not booking either option but found it extemely interesting. Who would ever think it would be cheaper to go to WDW than to go to a family fun spot only 1 hour from home!!!! That was really an eye opener for us yet again.

We're kind of in a good geographic area here, with a few airport options. We can be to PIT in 2 hrs., BWI in 3, IAD in 3. I just look for the best fares. The extra one hour (opposed to PIT) doesn't bother me. BTW, the fares from PIT were $79 and $129, quite a bit more than BWI.

When we go back in November (1 wk. in a 2BR @ BCV!!!), we're taking Jet Blue from IAD. I was able to get $74 each way for that trip.

We live very close to you...but so far we seem to find better fares at PIT. I just priced out our fall trip from BWI and while one leg is the same ($59/pp!), the other is higher (we're paying $99 and BWI is $129/pp)...gotta love Southwest for those $59 fares!! But thanks for the tip to check BWI, I never would have thought of that!

We recently went to Gulf Shores, Alabama with my sister and her family.

We stayed 4 days, and our share of the condo was $475, plus we had to pay for what little entertainment that we experienced. The food was just as expensive, and we spent 1/2 as much on gasoline as a trip to WDW.

Dh and I kept saying..."we could have went to Disney."

We had the points and the AP.

We thought the trip to the beach was kind of boring.

This is the same kind of justification that has prevented us from staying at HHI. We have talked about it for years but before the flights go so cheap it was only 2 hours more to get to Orlando so why choose Hilton Head over Orlando? Now it is so cheap to fly to Orlando we have to find a special reason to go to Hilton Head. Luckily the reason is presenting itself in October so we will finally get to check out HHI.

We went to Disney last year and just figured we would go to the Jersey Shore this year. The hotel was $170 a night.....so with food, gas and entertainment we were looking at $2500.00 for our family of 4. needless to say we decided to check out the cost to go to Disney. Total cost of air for 4was $715.00, we figure we will spend about $1,000 for food, we have 7 days left on our non exp tix. Guess what...were going to disney too. :woohoo:

This is the same kind of justification that has prevented us from staying at HHI. We have talked about it for years but before the flights go so cheap it was only 2 hours more to get to Orlando so why choose Hilton Head over Orlando? Now it is so cheap to fly to Orlando we have to find a special reason to go to Hilton Head. Luckily the reason is presenting itself in October so we will finally get to check out HHI.

You will LOVE HHI! We went last year and it is a superb resort. Totally laid back, tons of great activities, and beautiful beach conditions. My kids ask all of the time when we're going back!

There's a sign post near the fishing pier. It lists the mileage to the other DVC resorts. IIRC, HHI is about 350 miles from WDW. Someday we may use HHI as our layover if we drive to WDW.

We went to Disney last year and just figured we would go to the Jersey Shore this year. The hotel was $170 a night.....so with food, gas and entertainment we were looking at $2500.00 for our family of 4. needless to say we decided to check out the cost to go to Disney. Total cost of air for 4was $715.00, we figure we will spend about $1,000 for food, we have 7 days left on our non exp tix. Guess what...were going to disney too. :woohoo:

I looked into a weekend in OCNJ. The cheapest rooms -- OK, the cheapest rooms in which I would actually stay -- were about $350 a night. A lot of the hotels require a three night stay during the summer. That was a little too much for this trip.

For us, HHI is awesome and to be able to use points just gives us another low cost vacation option. HHI is even cheaper than Disney for us! We rent bikes and have our entertainment for the whole week!:goodvibes

People ask all the time why we go to WDW soooo much. We have 6 flags 10 min. away and Sea World 2 hours away. Schlitterbahn is 2 hours away. For a couple more hours (well alot more) in the car, we can be home with a slew of entertainment options. I have enough park tix and plusses to last another 10 years! To me, our cost of living is portable, because we have a vacation home that is paid for.

For us, HHI is awesome and to be able to use points just gives us another low cost vacation option. HHI is even cheaper than Disney for us! We rent bikes and have our entertainment for the whole week!:goodvibes

See and I have felt like I have been missing out all these years by failing to go. We have almost gone 5 times but when you look at 5.5 hours to get to HHI vs 8 hours to get to Orlando it makes it too easy to keep picking Orlando. Now that we can fly so cheap it makes Orlando even more appealing. What is really weird is that we have been to Vero.

I am SO happy we are finally going. We have to be 2 hours away from there on business so we are going to extend the trip and spend a couple of days at HHI.

I will probably come back from there kicking myself for not having done it sooner.

Why did I open this thread. It has me checking airfare prices. Dh is going to think I'm nuts since we just came home, and we have a trip booked for January. Plus all of our points are banked so we'd have to borrow 2010 points. Not that it's a big deal. Ugg.

Those APs. They really save you money.;)

Why did I open this thread. It has me checking airfare prices. Dh is going to think I'm nuts since we just came home, and we have a trip booked for January. Plus all of our points are banked so we'd have to borrow 2010 points. Not that it's a big deal. Ugg.

Those APs. They really save you money.;)

Airtran has $25 off coupons here. You can use 1 voucher for each way.

http://airtran.com/sunshine/http://http://airtran.com/sunshine/

Im booking my Birthday trip for November. I was able to get 2 nights at AKV and 2 at SSR over Thanksgiving weekend. I used the vouchers and my RT is less than $160:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter