• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC salesperson has me worried...

poohnpiglet3

Mouseketeer
I know he's just trying to be a good salesperson and encourage sales through him, but he told me that he would really worry about me getting my $72/pt. to pass ROFR at BCV.

He said that now they are selling BCV at $84/pt. to people who want to buy them, whether or not they are existing DVC members. In other words, I could buy as many points through him as I wanted for BCV at $84/pt. and choose my use year from all that he had available in his lump of points available to him.

I wasn't worried up till this point. The reason he called was because I had called a few weeks ago (he was on vacation this whole time) and wanted to check on SSR's current promotions going on to evaluate whether or not we'd want to buy SSR or a resale. Thanks to your help on this board, we decided to buy at BCV and found a contract almost instantly that fit our needs. (Good timing on it!!)

Our offer was accepted and now we just have to wait for the ROFR to pass.

What are your thoughts on this? Was he just overzealous? Should I be worried?

Thanks!

Sherri :)

Sherri,

If I understand this correctly, he presented your offer of $72 pp to the seller who accepted this price. But now, after the fact, he's telling you that it probably won't pass ROFR? What's changed that he couldn't tell you this yesterday? I wouldn't worry about it passing ROFR - you can always counteroffer from what I understand.

Ruth M

That DVC (not resale) salesperson is either uninformed or trying to make a last-ditch effort to get a sale.

Ignore the claim. We just cleared BCV at $69 so don't worry.:cool:

I wouldn't worry about what your DVC salesperson told you. My DVC salesperson told me the same thing when I was looking at my resale.
I was told by my DVC salesperson that a $68/pt offer at VWL would not pass ROFR because there were over 40 DVC members on his "wait list" looking to add to their VWL contracts.
His statement had me worried as well but Disney passed on my Contract and we closed yesterday.
::yes::

Oh I'm sorry for the confusion... the DVC rep told me this, not the resale rep. I was working with a rep from Disney originally and called in to get info, therefore he called me back, which is when we had this conversation.

Rinkwide, I'm so glad to read your story again... makes me feel so much better! How long ago was that?

Thanks!

Sherri :)

What's to worry about? If you don't pass ROFR on this contract you have a better idea where the floor is for resales. You may lose this contract but there will be another -- and the DVC salesperson indicated that he might be able to help you as well. Relax and hope for the best on this deal. If it doesn't work out, there will be plenty of other opportunities.

Those cuties Alek and Bekah have many years of Disney memories ahead!! ;)

Originally posted by poohnpiglet3
How long ago was that?

Well Sherri let me think...it's been...let's see...hmm...carry the 2...uh...

YESTERDAY!

Look for me on the lazy river.:cool:

My wife and I were told by a DVC salesman that we could not buy resale as disney "buys back all resales". This was after being told that no BCV were available, only SSR. We asked about divorces, defaults, deaths, etc. and that is when he told us the above. Not wanting to settle for something we didn't want (sorry SSR people) we went home and my wife found a BCV 170 pt. resale that is now ours! Was the salesman misinformed or were we lied to? who knows

Let's face it, the DVC sales reps are, well, SALESPEOPLE! They are extremely low pressure compared to other TSs, but they are still out to get the sale from you. Don't worry, things will work out for you in time. We bought BCV from Disney, but if we do add on in the future we will check out all options.

Originally posted by tamu91
I wouldn't worry about what your DVC salesperson told you. My DVC salesperson told me the same thing when I was looking at my resale.
I was told by my DVC salesperson that a $68/pt offer at VWL would not pass ROFR because there were over 40 DVC members on his "wait list" looking to add to their VWL contracts.
His statement had me worried as well but Disney passed on my Contract and we closed yesterday.
::yes::

I thought they stopped doing "wait lists" for the older properties, and now it was just luck if they had any available?

counter with 73. I would offer 72.01 myself (just joking, but it would be considered a new offer that Disney would have to look at again.

Don't worry...be happy ...soon you'll be members of the DVC :tongue:

Originally posted by poohnpiglet3

He said that now they are selling BCV at $84/pt. to people who want to buy them, whether or not they are existing DVC members. In other words, I could buy as many points through him as I wanted for BCV at $84/pt. and choose my use year from all that he had available in his lump of points available to him.

What surprises me is how many points they must have "on hand" to be offering these to people. I haven't seen anyone post recently to say that they didn't pass rofr. WHERE are these points coming from? I would LOVE to add on...maybe now is the time.

:wave:

Beca

Originally posted by manning
counter with 73. I would offer 72.01 myself (just joking, but it would be considered a new offer that Disney would have to look at again.

All sellers have different motivations, but bottom line is the seller just wants to get paid and doesn't care whether the money comes from Disney or from an individual. As a recent seller, I can tell you another $1 per point counteroffer ( $250 total ) wouldn't have been enough for me to want to start the process all over again. By the way, Disney only looks at offers that are accepted by a seller and submitted to them for ROFR. The seller, not the buyer, decides whether the counteroffer goes to Disney or not.

I do think the OP's offer is fine though and should pass ROFR. Don't worry, and good luck!

I guess it depends on the DVC guide you deal with, but my guide just got my sister 150 BWV points! (she is a first time buyer - not an add on). So they do get the points in. She is paying $84/point.

Sherri, good luck with ROFR. We just bought an add on contract at BWV in March through resale and I offered the full $74/point asking price because I wanted to be sure to get it. I hope it goes well for you. If not, you can always call your DVC guide and see if he has any points for you ;)

jarestel -- Just laying out the mechanics. I wouldn't go thru it again either. But then again it could be family buying and selling.

Second thought if family just sell at a high price and work a deal, (ie sell for $10,00 over wanted price and gift the money back).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter