DVC Royal Member Gathering @DLH

pepe3penelope

Princess Ariel at Heart
Hello, DVC members! We're arriving at VGC tomorrow morning...sooooo excited beyond belief! :cool1:

Was wondering if anyone is attending this Monday's DVC Royal Member Gathering at the DLH this Monday at 8am. We will be going because this is our 1st time using our points. I've read about what to expect in general and we're going to check it out. Hope to see some of you there! :grouphug:

How was this? Did it last long? We will be there in mid-Aug and I am thinking about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

How was this? Did it last long? We will be there in mid-Aug and I am thinking about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

We actually really had a great time. It was me, DH. DD 6 1/2. & DS 2 1/2. We got there a couple minutes late but they allowed extra time. It was crowded so they added extra chairs. They ran out of pastures but replenished pretty quickly. There was coffee, tea, water & OJ. When you enter, you fill out a raffle card for a DVC basket filled w/freebies! Totally wanted that, but didn't win! :(

They had trivia games and handed out free luggage tags to those who answered questions (we earned 3). When exiting, each member of the party got a baseball cap in navy blue (much nicer than the ones we got when we joined last year which is the white caps). Each family got one pin that says Royal Member Gathering. Before getting up to leave, Mickey appeared and each family got a photo op.

Would we go again? YES!!! Hope you go!

We actually really had a great time. It was me, DH. DD 6 1/2. & DS 2 1/2. We got there a couple minutes late but they allowed extra time. It was crowded so they added extra chairs. They ran out of pastures but replenished pretty quickly. There was coffee, tea, water & OJ. When you enter, you fill out a raffle card for a DVC basket filled w/freebies! Totally wanted that, but didn't win! :(

They had trivia games and handed out free luggage tags to those who answered questions (we earned 3). When exiting, each member of the party got a baseball cap in navy blue (much nicer than the ones we got when we joined last year which is the white caps). Each family got one pin that says Royal Member Gathering. Before getting up to leave, Mickey appeared and each family got a photo op.

Thanks for posting! I've always been wondering if it's worth going...just wish it wasn't so early in the morning!

How long did it take you to get there from VGC? Sounds like so much fun - hoping I can get everyone out of bed in time :yay:

How long did it take you to get there from VGC? Sounds like so much fun - hoping I can get everyone out of bed in time :yay:
We finally discovered after the 3rd time that it's easier from dvc to make a left after Pinocchio's workshop, take the driveway to PPH and go to DLH. MUCH shorter than going the GCH lobby, out to DTD, and wLk to DLH. Probably 10 minutes walk; taking the other way added maybe 5 more minutes.

I will be at DL in two weeks and I CANNOT WAIT to attend! This will be our first member event!! I loved seeing Mickey was there as we were worried it wouldn't be a main character!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter