DVC room discount question

kellyf2626

DIS Veteran
What is the discount we get on booking a DVC room not using points, but cash? 10%?

And do we get a discount when booking other Disney resort rooms? :confused3

The DVC Member cash discount is 25% off rack. It is not always available, so you cannot count on getting it. Friday and Saturday nights seem to be available more often than weeknights. You have to book it through MS and the DVC member must be staying in the room - you cannot book this for someone else.

The Member cash discount is only available for the DVC resorts. It is not available for any of the other WDW resorts.

Best wishes -

Thanks for the info Carol! I have a few more questions...

1. Right now I have an existing reservation for 6/4-6/9 in a 2 bedroom at BWV. What I am looking to do is book 6/3 (Sat. night) with cash, and 6/9 and 6/10 (the following Fri/Sat night) with cash. Can they link my reservation so I don't have to move rooms?

2. Do you have to pay for the whole thing up front? Or just put one night deposit down?

Thank you so much for your help!

Ohh..one more question!

I currently have the dining plan during my villa reservation through points. Can I extend the dining plan for the cash nights as well?

Thanks again!

kellyf2626 said:
Thanks for the info Carol! I have a few more questions...

1. Right now I have an existing reservation for 6/4-6/9 in a 2 bedroom at BWV. What I am looking to do is book 6/3 (Sat. night) with cash, and 6/9 and 6/10 (the following Fri/Sat night) with cash. Can they link my reservation so I don't have to move rooms?
If you book the cash nights through MS, you will not have to change rooms. The reservation will appear to the resort as though it were one continuous reservation (which it is, LOL). MS can book cash nights at rack rate as well as cash nights with the member discount - just depends on availability at the time you call.

If you book the cash nights through CRO/WDWTC (maybe because you can get a better discount), you have to arrange for CRO to make a note of your DVC reservation and for MS to make a note of the CRO reservation. Then at check in, you repeat the reequest to not change rooms. At a minimum, you will have to check out and then back in again. DVC resorts try not to move you, but sometimes you do end up moving.

kellyf2626 said:
2. Do you have to pay for the whole thing up front? Or just put one night deposit down?

Thank you so much for your help!
If you book through CRO, the usual deposit/cancellation policies apply. IIRC, when you book through MS, they take a credit card guarantee, but you don't get charged until after your stay is over. If you don't cancel in a timely manner, they charge your credit card.

Best wishes -

kellyf2626 said:
Ohh..one more question!

I currently have the dining plan during my villa reservation through points. Can I extend the dining plan for the cash nights as well?

Thanks again!
You can if the cash nights are booked through MS. You can't if you book them through CRO/WDWTC. (There are different rules for adding the Dining Plan to CRO/WDWTC resevations).

Best wishes -

Thank you! One more...I promise! What is CRO/WDWTC? MS is member services, right? Like when I call the DVC number? And is there a benefit to booking thru one rather than the other?
Thanks again!

kellyf2626 said:
Thank you! One more...I promise! What is CRO/WDWTC? MS is member services, right? Like when I call the DVC number? And is there a benefit to booking thru one rather than the other?
Thanks again!

I can help with this one

Central ressie ops
Walt disney world travel center

Close I think
Some times you can find a better rate through these or AAA then MS with DVC discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter