DVC Resale questions!!

sammyann

Earning My Ears
We are trying to decide whether to buy DVC thru Disney or thru resale.
I have a few questions that I need answered first.

I got this off DIS in the section regarding DVC...
First, the value of the points that you purchase will never change. The same value you receive today, will be the same value you receive in 30 years. While the cost of staying at a Disney hotel rises by 5-10% per year, this is a great hedge against inflation.
Is this the same for members who buy thru resale?

I would like to know exactly what you get thru Disney vs. resale

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!
:dance3:

First, the value of the points that you purchase will never change. The same value you receive today, will be the same value you receive in 30 years. While the cost of staying at a Disney hotel rises by 5-10% per year, this is a great hedge against inflation.

Thank you!!

It's just as true for resale purchases as it is as Disney Direct purchases, but don't forget that your maintenance fees WILL increase roughly 3% each year.

Thank you! I found a points total that we want and it is listed at $77 for SSR...we were thinking of offering $67...is that decent or should we do a higher price. I do not want to offend anyone..but I want a deal too!:cool1::cheer2:

Thank you! I found a points total that we want and it is listed at $77 for SSR...we were thinking of offering $67...is that decent or should we do a higher price. I do not want to offend anyone..but I want a deal too!:cool1::cheer2:

What are the specifics of the contract?

Saratoga Springs-$77/pt. 250points March $19,250.00

58 points currently available and 250 points coming on 3/1/14. NO ANNUAL DUES UNTIL 2014. Priced at $77 per point.

Our next trip to Disney is the end of March for Spring Break. March is a great time of year for our points to renew and 250 will get us what we need for the year with our travel needs:cloud9:!

I am so excited at the possibility of purchasing thru resale...just so nervous!
You can purchase dining plan if you buy thru resale correct?

Saratoga Springs-$77/pt. 250points March $19,250.00

58 points currently available and 250 points coming on 3/1/14. NO ANNUAL DUES UNTIL 2014. Priced at $77 per point.

Our next trip to Disney is the end of March for Spring Break. March is a great time of year for our points to renew and 250 will get us what we need for the year with our travel needs:cloud9:!

I am so excited at the possibility of purchasing thru resale...just so nervous!
You can purchase dining plan if you buy thru resale correct?

Just definetly keep in mind that your annual dues will increase yearly just like the cash value of the hotel rooms. So truely there is no inflation protection. In theory you won't really see the cash value of the investment go up either because as inflation goes up, total years left go down counteracting inflation rises.

Thank you!!
Ultimately any timeshare is a gamble. For DVC the main issues will be how fast dues go up. The idea that they will not increase faster than room costs is not a gamble I'd personally assume. The economics of each or totally different. Still, for those who have a track record of going to WDW (or other DVC resorts), can afford it (pay cash, no consumer debt's) and value staying on property at a moderate or above enough to pay extra to do so and will only plan to use the points at DVC resort; DVC is often a good choice. For most other situations it's not. Resale is actually a better value all else equal because you can save a lot of $$$ without giving up anything that adds true value and that's dramatically unlikely to change.

One word of caution I wouldn't bank on buying resale now and using your points in March next year. It could well work out but there is a risk you might find it fully booked by the time you get your points. Not a problem as it is a long term purchase just be aware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter