Dvc rental room requests

Lauraswi

Earning My Ears
I rented a dvc villa through David’s. They told me not to make any kind of room requests through my Disney experience or to the resort or it will override the request I made through David’s when I made my reservation. I am just kind of worried about this because I’ve never stayed with dvc before and I can’t see my request anywhere in my reservation. I would like a higher floor closer to the boardwalk/lobby area. Should I not fax the resort or call before I go as I usually would when just staying at the regular resort? Also, not sure I should check in online ahead of time. Does that give me less of a chance of getting my request because I’m talking to some personally?

I would follow the instructions you got from David's. You can check in online, but skip the room request page.

You won't be able to call to make a request, because the CMs at the reservation line don't have access to DVC reservations. Requests must be made through DVC Member Services, and only the owner can do that.

Faxes...well, if it makes you feel better to send one, it won't do any harm, but DVC resorts seem to go through periods where they don't accept faxed room requests. I've heard the occasional report of a guest getting a request that they faxed in, but DVC has been known to tell members that they don't take faxed requests.

No you should not call or fax. You have been instructed not to. If you have concerns call David’s.
As a DVC owner I have been informed that they do not consider faxes
Good Luck

If you made a request with David's owner to add to your reservation, you don't want to make a requests on your online check in. That will override your request that you added through the member. Just leave it at that and hope for the best. Anyway you look at it, it is just a request, not a guarantee. You get what you get. Things like a Boardwalk view are booking categories that usually go right away closer to 11 months out. If you only book at seven months out, you probably can't get a standard view or Boardwalk view. The Garden/pool view is usually about 60% of the resort at BWV and that is usually the last to book up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter