DVC Rental Dilemma...what should we do???

SleepingBeauty69

Earning My Ears
We have a March trip booked at GF through AAA. I would love to stay in the new Villas at GF so I put in a request to a DVC broker (?) I found on Allears website for a one bedroom. They charge $14 a point, and seem to get positive reviews from what I've read on the Dis boards. As of now, they do not have any owners willing or able to rent points. I remain on the "wait list". Since then, through my sisters friend, I'm able to get a studio (not a one bedroom) at the Villas for $10 per point. Do I hold out hope that a one BR will come available? Keep my AAA ressie or book the Villa studio?!? I'm so torn, and my DH is no help.

We have a March trip booked at GF through AAA. I would love to stay in the new Villas at GF so I put in a request to a DVC broker (?) I found on Allears website for a one bedroom. They charge $14 a point, and seem to get positive reviews from what I've read on the Dis boards. As of now, they do not have any owners willing or able to rent points. I remain on the "wait list". Since then, through my sisters friend, I'm able to get a studio (not a one bedroom) at the Villas for $10 per point. Do I hold out hope that a one BR will come available? Keep my AAA ressie or book the Villa studio?!? I'm so torn, and my DH is no help.

How many in your party? The GFV studio will have a queen sized bed and queen sized sleeper sofa. Plus a murphy bed for a smaller kid. And a separate shower from tub that I have been told It will be smaller than the one bedroom (lots smaller), but it might work for your family.

Plus I think a bird in the hand... You might not get any owner with points to book it for you until seven months out.

if the source is realiability (and would have big doubts about $10 a point for VGF) - go with the studio.

these are not like BLT - tiny -

VGF is the first dvc resort to actually be able to sleep 5 in their studios. (well long ago BWV did in their studio plus - but they did away with that choice)

have not seem them - but they seem to have enough room.

just make sure you are dealing with someone you can trust.

We are a family of four. My DH and I and our 2 boys (10 & 8). We did use this friend of my sisters 4 years ago at WL Villas, + she's a personal friend of hers, so I'm comfortable she's legit. Do I understand right, are there 2 showers, or just the tub & separate shower? That wb awesome. Impossible for me to tell from floor plans. I think I'm crazy not to go with the $10 pp pricing. I just fear the "could I" have gotten the one br? I appreciate feedback. The savings alone should just make me commit, but DH keeps saying "this is our last trip" (he's not a Disney fanatic, despite my years of trying to convert him!!!) and if it truly is, that one br is gorgeous!!!

Considering you would be spending more than double on the 1br vs. studio (more points + $14pt vs $10pt), go with the sure thing (studio), and spend half (or all) of the money saved on some FUN! Rent the sea raycers, schedule a Wild Africa Trek, etc. With older kids, you won't be spending a ton of time in the room...more like stay out till you drop then come back to the resort and sleep, then out again the next morning.

Go with the studio...it is very difficult to obtain these ressies + at $10pt, from a friend (reliable) is really, really, really, really, really, really, really a great offer!

I know! You are absolutely right! I'm doing it!! Booking the studio and maybe having that added savings FUN you mentioned ;).

Considering you would be spending more than double on the 1br vs. studio (more points + $14pt vs $10pt), go with the sure thing (studio), and spend half (or all) of the money saved on some FUN! Rent the sea raycers, schedule a Wild Africa Trek, etc. With older kids, you won't be spending a ton of time in the room...more like stay out till you drop then come back to the resort and sleep, then out again the next morning.

Go with the studio...it is very difficult to obtain these ressies + at $10pt, from a friend (reliable) is really, really, really, really, really, really, really a great offer!

Agreed!! There's nothing better than the sure thing, & sometimes the "What ifs" are worse than "Monday Morning Quarterbacks!" Lol

I know! You are absolutely right! I'm doing it!! Booking the studio and maybe having that added savings FUN you mentioned ;).

I read this thread and I think you are a smart cookie to go with the studio, too...especially if most of your vacation is spent "on the go"...and you'll be able to spend your "savings" on MORE special Disney fun!...maybe even hubby will see the value and be won over by something different that you do! Have a fabulous time!

I would say your choice with the studio should be fine. The chances of a one BR coming up at VGF, especially this soon after it opens, will be tough, at least at a decent rental price.

If you were a family of 5 I'd give it a second thought, but with only four of you you should be fine. I have a family of 4 and we were fine in a studio at SSR and I believe the studios there are smaller in size.

Go with the studio! We are also a family of 4 and went back and forth... Debating waiting for a good discount off a regular room onsite or a studio for &10.00 per point too. We chose bwv studio with a bw view for april:) good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter