• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Preview of "Expedition Everest"

I saw this thread last night at about 9:00, and by 10:00 I had flights for two and three nights room reservations (ASMu) booked :cool1: :cool1: I called this morning and arranged for ME too :teeth:

The funny part is that it was just 2 weeks ago that our most recent trip was winding down and I was lamenting the fact that we would have to wait until November to test drive EE. I must be nuts :crazy: This is alot of cash for a roller coaster ride... but then again, at least we'll get more use out of our AP's :goodvibes

Chris, Jean & Patrick

jonestavern said:
I saw this thread last night at about 9:00, and by 10:00 I had flights for two and three nights room reservations (ASMu) booked :cool1: :cool1: I called this morning and arranged for ME too :teeth:

The funny part is that it was just 2 weeks ago that our most recent trip was winding down and I was lamenting the fact that we would have to wait until November to test drive EE. I must be nuts :crazy: This is alot of cash for a roller coaster ride... but then again, at least we'll get more use out of our AP's :goodvibes

Chris, Jean & Patrick

I think we must be nuts :crazy: too then!!! When I told them at work that we were flying to Orlando to ride one ride they looked at me like I had two heads!!!!

Well I just finished booking the flights, after first getting 2 nights in a studio at OKW. We too just got back a couple of weeks ago and I too was not looking forward to another 12 months wait to go back!!!

Unfortunately, our AP expired Dec 4th and I didn't renew - I plan to buy new AP's in Dec 06 when our next big trip will be - and use them for another trip or 2 in 07. But as luck would have it, we have a set of old Park Hoppers from a few years ago with a single day left on them - I was wondering how to use them up - and now I know!

Usually we rent a car, but for such a short trip we will give Magical Express a go. Now just have to secure one more ADR for dinner and we should be all set.

Now lets hope that the preview goes ahead as announced - as there are no guarantees!

Shhhh....it's DH's birthday the week before the sneak peak....don't you think that a surprise trip down to WDW for a ride on Everest would be great gift?? :cheer2:

Got the email, booked a couple nites at BWV and got the SWA $49 airfare too! Life is good!!!!BTW - Anyone know if the coaster goes upside down? (loops or corkscrews?)

I am not a DVC member (yet?) but will be renting accomodation from a DVC member during the preview dates -- will I be able to attend the preview as well, or only real bona fide members?

Would be a nice perk (not that getting a great room isn't enough...)

Owtrbnks, an article on a website that talks about Expedition Everest does not mention corkscrews or upsidedown bits, but the ride is described as 'out-of-control railcars screaming forward and backward, white-knuckle adventurers swooping into the unknown, braving twists, turns, and drops inside and outside a mighty mountain leading to an unforgettable encounter.'

It further mentions the train accelerates at speeds of up to 50 mph into a fog of spiral curves taking mountaineers down a 80-foot plummet to escape the Yeti. I suppose this might be considered a corkscrew....

The actual article contains what some may consider spoilers, but it can be found on a Google search - or PM me and I'll send you the link.

I am not a DVC member (yet?) but will be renting accomodation from a DVC member during the preview dates -- will I be able to attend the preview as well, or only real bona fide members?

I'm afraid you will not be able to enjoy EE on this visit. Member "blue cards" will be required for admission --but hey, there's reason enough to book your next visit! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter