• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Preview of "Expedition Everest"

DisneylandGuy22

WDW International Program Alumni
Just thought id share some information I recieved in my e-mail today......

Preview Expedition Everest™
Members are invited to take a sneak "peak" at Expedition Everest — Legend of the Forbidden Mountain™ Jan. 26-29, 2006, at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.

The new thrill attraction, opening officially in April, sends Guests on a high-speed train adventure into the Himalayas for a face-to-muzzle encounter with the legendary Yeti.

Each Member who presents his/her Disney Vacation Club Member ID during the sneak "peak" event may enjoy this preview with as many as three Guests. As an added bonus, you and your Guests will each receive a complimentary Expedition Everest lanyard and pin (limit one set per person during the four-day event). Disney's FASTPASS® service will be also be available during the preview.

Get ready for the Yeti!

:Pinkbounc

:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

[Just a note: There is another thread on this subject under the DVC Planning Board with additional comments, too.]

Isn't it great news? Especially for those who are going to be at WDW that weekend? *smiles smugly*

DARN!!! We leave WDW on the 10th! I just have to hope for a soft opening in early March, I guess.

My husband was so excited to read this! We will be there just in time :)

Now to change my plans a little.

Deb

I showed my DH that email last night and was so disappointed b/c we're planning a quick trip on Jan 16 through the 19th. Oh well, we'll have to wait until either Oct or Dec.

I'll be there Jan 15 to 20th. Maybe if we plead they will move it up a week?

Just booked 2 nights at OKW for a quick trip down to check this out. Now to find a deal on airfare!

I guess this is a good sign that I might have a chance to ride this when I go in February.

gppnj said:
I guess this is a good sign that I might have a chance to ride this when I go in February.
I'm wondering about that, too. We're going Match 19-24. If the sneak peek is in January, will there be a soft opening soon after?

Sneak Peek Planners at WDW!! :goodvibes

Over here!! :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: We need Feb 5-27th!!!

Woo Hoo - keeping our fingers crossed for something :teeth: :teeth:

:sunny:

Oooh, that sounds like FUN! Too bad I'm not a DVC member yet, but to all those that end up going, hope you have a great time! :cheer2:

This ride kinda sounds a little like DL's Matterhorn - which I LOVE! I can't wait to make it over to WDW and try it out. For that matter, I can't wait to become a DVC member and make our first trip ever to WDW! :cool1:

(Well, I just got done looking at the pictures and reading a description of the ride, and it sounds awesome. Kind of a mix of the Matterhorn and Thunder Mountain Railroad with a twist - you also go backwards! I wonder what other surprises are in store for riders on this new attraction?!) :rotfl:

OOOoooo, OOOooooo, OOOoooo, I too was so excited while reading the e-mail this morning, Arriving Jan 26th for 6 nights! YAHOO!

I had already decided long before this trip was planned that we'd fly down for a day or two if they offered a sneak preview. We're going again end of April but know that the lines will be verrrry long.

What a BONUS.

Just slightly off topic, but how are you getting emails? I never receive anything from DVC or WDW (however I do receive surveys all the time). Is there somewhere I should be registered, but I'm not? :confused3

It came in the DVC newsletter log onto DVC sight and check your profile for e-mail items.

Yeah Baby!!!!!!!! Can't wait! Can't wait! Thought I was going to have to wait till next winter to go on it. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!!!!

That's so good and yet so sad...we'll miss it by 2 weeks! Boo Hoo! Good thing there's always "next time!" :sunny:

I'll be at AK on the 26th. This more than makes up for losing TT at Epcot during our visit.

For those of you who are going to be there for the preview....WE WANT A FULL REPORT WITH PICS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter