• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC: Pop Century?

fAnnF

DIS Veteran
I was talking to a CM when I was in Disney a few weeks ago, and she said they had received something about doing DVC at Pop. A couple of buildings on the other side of the lake. Has anyone else heard of this I'd love to do DVC at Pop, or was this just wrong information.

Thanks.

There has been a really low level rumor of such a thing, but then again pretty much any resort construction translates into a rumor of a new DVC resort...

The other side of POP ("The Legendary Years") sits unfinished, and rumors are swirling that the situation post-9/11 has improved enough that they may actually complete it. The most credible rumor is that they will finish it off with all rooms being family suites similar to the conversions at the All-Stars.

Everything is a rumor though.

I read recently that the other half of Pop Century was being considered for the Family Suites like were tested at the All Start Resorts.

Everything I've heard suggested that the Legendary years would need to be torn down, because it's in such bad shape. It could never be finished. It's infested with wildlife, trash strewn about. It looks like a public housing high-rise. Real magical.

I heard about them doing work on Pop a couple of weeks back here, but it wasn't about them becoming a DVC. A Value DVC? Not a bad idea! Now maybe I can finally get my husband to buy in if the price is right! :)

Disney made a great move with POP. After years and years of value resort stays they finally weened me off of them with this atrocity. DVC at PC would not be a first choice for me...

A DVC resort at PC, that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. As a DVC owner I can't think of any reason to buy into that place. PC has its place but as a DVC resort that isn't one of them. :rotfl2:

A DVC resort at PC, that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. As a DVC owner I can't think of any reason to buy into that place. PC has its place but as a DVC resort that isn't one of them. :rotfl2:

I would buy it. I do parks from open to close everyday I'm there. I'm sure it would take fewer points, and that's the only way I'd buy-in to it. I don't use the pool or other things at the resort, just want a place to lay my head and catch a bus.

This crazy rumor has been around for some time. DVC markets their resorts as Deluxe resorts. A DVC on Value resort property will never happen.

Just a bad idea-stayed in POP prior to our DVC checkin on our last trip. We spent the time counting down the hours until our DVC checkin-I don't think a DVC POP would give that 'home away from home' feeling.

I agree! I can't think of a single reason to buy DVC at POP - aside maybe from a super cheap price. Nope, not even that. And it would dilute the rest of DVC.

DisFlan

I agree! I can't think of a single reason to buy DVC at POP - aside maybe from a super cheap price. Nope, not even that. And it would dilute the rest of DVC.

DisFlan

I don't need the amenities. I stay onsite for the perks. I've never used a Disney pool, other then to stick my feet into once, or get an interesting shot of the jukebox. I'd love to call Pop home. I countdown the days until I stay there. Most those who already have DVC wouldn't do Pop, but there are a number of Pop fans. The icons are Disney to me. I look forward to the day they finish the legendary years, and I can stay in the 1910 building. I'll be booking my room for that they day they say it will open.

DisFlan

ITA.....That would be a horrible mistake. :eek:

DVC's are beautiful, why on earth would they want to ruin that by building at the Pop. I have a feeling that most DVC members would think of it as nothing more than low-income housing.

Last trip we had a 1-night stay at POP before checking into OKW. As we were leaving POP to checkin at OKW, my wife said, "Never again!"

. Most those who already have DVC wouldn't do Pop, but there are a number of Pop fans. .

were dvc and have stayed at pop many times from the first day it opened to this aug love the resort,would stay in a flash if it was 3 points a night+ 6 at weekend
Paulh

were dvc and have stayed at pop many times from the first day it opened to this aug love the resort,would stay in a flash if it was 3 points a night+ 6 at weekend
Paulh

Is it just me, or that actually an insult of POP? 3-6 points? Uh, yeah, I'd stay there then, too. And I don't want to stay there.

Is it just me, or that actually an insult of POP? 3-6 points? Uh, yeah, I'd stay there then, too. And I don't want to stay there.

what i think the cash value of points would be (not rental)
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter