• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Points for 4 day cruise - additional expenses

TheresaB

Earning My Ears
Exactly what is covered when I use my dvc points for a 4 day cruise? This will be my first cruise and I'm confused about exactly what other expenses I may incur.

You'll pay the $75 exchange fee per booking. You'll pay for all alcohol drinks then, any other drink not served with meals. Tips. Excursions off the ship have a fee. Walking around town is free. Photos taken by their photographer and spa treatments have a fee. Arcade games, souvineers, laundry and computer time also have fees. Everything else is covered...food, entertainment and stateroom....spruce

Offsite 87,92,97,00
CBR 95
DI 98
Vero 98
BWV 98,99,00
OKW 99x2,00,01
DCL 98,01

For a cheap cruise avoid all Disney sponsored shore excursions. You can explore Nassau and Paradise Island on your own.

Avoid the Spa treatments. They are expensive. You have to add a tip. And after your massage there is a hard sell where they try to convince you to buy there overpriced products. SO overpriced that Estee Lauder looks cheap in comparison.

Other than that the cruise with points is a bargain!

Larry Poppins

Theresa,

Not ALL non-meal drinks are charged. If I remember, there are a few places you can get water, ice, juice, and maybe tea/coffee free of charge.

If this is incorrect, I'm sure somone will say so.

Btn_PigPooh01.gif

If you drive to the dock, you'll need cash to park your car ($7/day). When they send your cruise docs it will give you an idea of how much you need for tips, but bring extra in case of great service, plus to tip the porters.

Like your room keys at WDW resorts, you can have them put your credit card # on your "Key to the World" and charge anything you buy on the ship (like pins!) YOu'll probably want to budget for souvenirs off the ship too.

Cheers :)

tink08.gif

Don't forget my favorite! 24 room service FREE! (you do need to tip)Movie Free,Kids Clubs Free! I keep telling the kids these things are not free, but are "Included in the price of the cruise". But what the heck, they sure seem free! LOL

RellingTwin (Mary)
Magic 4 day 1/99
BW 1/99
DL 1/00
HH 2/01
HH 3/01
Magic 7 day 9/22/01

One of the nicest things we've been able to do like on carnival cruises is to buy tip vouchers prior to the cruise that you give out to your waite staff and cabin steward, it sure makes the tipping chore much easier, My question is does Disney have this feature?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter