DVC points do not have the same values?

Please explain what you mean by the "premium for 11-month booking privileges." Don't all direct points cost the same, no matter your home resort?
:scratchin

No. There are about three or four price points. BLT and VGC are $165/pt. AKV, Aulani, and VGF are $150/pt. The other WDW resorts are $130/pt. Hilton Head and Vero are $115/pt. And there are incentives with AKV and Aulani that lower the point price a bit.

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program-336/financial/pricing-a-promotions

Location, room/resort amenities, contract length, booking window, # of DVC resorts and customer demand are all factors into the pricing formula.

Sure the original OKW buyers paid less than everyone else. Then again, they only had the promise of new resorts and the potential for DVC to be unsuccessful.

When I consider the pricing defferences between, say SSR and VGF, I get it. Although my addonitis is in remission, when I saw the VGF model in June, my wife had to stop me from adding more points, even though the points would have cost us $55-$60 higher than our original purchases. To me, VGF is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter