DVC phone system vent: Behind the Scenes at Soaring

With all the members DVC has, it is ridiculous to offer something that only allows 20 people 1 day a week.
I spoke to a CM yesterday who had no clue how many people were in each tour.Where did someone get the number 20?

That's why IMO they want to be able to say that is a perk without really having many members attend. They aren't stupid, the schedule and allowed number of people per date were decided on for a reason.

:earsboy: Bill
Just a thought- 20 slots for us and ?? (Extra) slots for new Direct DVC members?

I'm not one to complain, but I am sending member services an email (with a screen shot of my phone).

Good for you. They need to know the full story. Can I recommend that you also upload the image to shutterfly or photobucket, or a plane like that, and give them the link to the image? Not all CS work email systems will allow you to see images embedded in or attached to emails. Giving them a link to a know site gives the. A better chance at seeing it.

Just a thought- 20 slots for us and ?? (Extra) slots for new Direct DVC members?

?

For the soarin tours at DCA it was the same. Very very few people on each weekly tour.

Thanks bumbershot for that suggestion. I will do that if/when I hear any type of response to my email.

I had a supervisor call me back. My story was that I called at 9:03 (my bad! being honest here!) I was on hold for 90 minutes on my cell phone, kept that hold live while I called on my home phone. After 22 minutes, they picked up THAT call, the original call was up to 1 hour 52 minutes, and still on the queue. Of course my March date was booked. I was ticked! I said, look, if I get beat by an earlier called, fine, but I know for a fact people who called AFTER me got thru BEFORE me. DVC confirmed this was true, and when I asked if that original call would ever have been picked up, she said no. So, this goes beyond "only 20 slots a week" being the issue; calls were apparently picked up in random order. (not by a person, but by the system I mean). And for some of us, we were on a permanent hold queue, and still others had a long hold and then calls were dropped.

So I discussed all this with the supervisor, who apologized and said something is wrong with the phones. And I was SOOL. So I began asking questions, and let me say I got some surprising answers. She said after THIS, you can call to book the Soarin' tour thing at 180 days PLUS 10. I was like, WHAT??!! She said with a resort reservation, it is 180 plus 10. (60 days to book it at DCA). Then I asked about booking the after hours party March 3. She said we will book that online, because the phones are having problems.

Of course, I have reason to doubt the +10 thing, and also the online reserving the after hours party, but who knows?

PS in my frustration, I told her I will now ALWAYS ALWAYS call DVC for stuff like this on multiple lines, adding to the whole problem. But I feel I have no choice with the system in place, I said, and I meant it.

I too called at 9:00 and just got a busy signal, tried back around 10:00 and got in the queue. My call was answered 23 minutes later and was told that the dates had not yet been released for January and beyond and that I should just try and call back "periodically". I was reading this blog and decided to call back at 2:00 Friday afternoon and the recording said that it was all booked up 180 days out and to call back when you are within the 180 day window!! That doesn't help much for a trip in May! I sent an email to MS at that time, still waiting on a response.

I too called at 9am hoping for 12/14 date. Held on through the silence until the music started. Total time spent at 30 minutes to be told the date was "sold out". Was told I could check back for cancellations. Really? I am within the 30 day window and THERE IS NO PENALTY FOR NOT SHOWING UP! Just how would cancellations work? I show up day of and hope for an opening?

Today, I received a standard email reply stating that the event was very popular and filled up quickly.
I sent a response to it because THAT wasn't my complaint - my complaint was with the phone system letting calls get "stuck" in the system which allowed later placed calls to be answered prior to earlier ones. On one hand, what difference does it make? But on the other, I just want "someone" to acknowledge that their phone system messed up the calls.

Today, I received a standard email reply stating that the event was very popular and filled up quickly.
I sent a response to it because THAT wasn't my complaint - my complaint was with the phone system letting calls get "stuck" in the system which allowed later placed calls to be answered prior to earlier ones. On one hand, what difference does it make? But on the other, I just want "someone" to acknowledge that their phone system messed up the calls.

Acknowledging a negative isn't the Disney way. Your response will be something like, "thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will forward your information to the appropriate department or business partner".

Acknowledging a negative isn't the Disney way. Your response will be something like, "thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will forward your information to the appropriate department or business partner".

Good point.

My supervisor DID acknowledge the phone glitch. She said they were "investigating" it. I gave her one possible clue. My first call, that was hung up in the queue seemed normal; but when I made the 2nd call 90 minutes later, I got the message that it should be a wait of about 19 minutes or whatever. That first call never got that message of an approximate wait time. So I told her that, hoping it would help.

That's why IMO they want to be able to say that is a perk without really having many members attend. They aren't stupid, the schedule and allowed number of people per date were decided on for a reason.

And more than likely that was decided by parks division and not DVC.

Isn't it the "Parks & Resorst division"? I'm not positive, but I thought DVD fell under that umbrella.

Under the large corporate umbrella yes as far as revenue goes. As far as daily management Soarin would fall under parks/epcot/future world. DVC would have to follow timelines and the number allowed much like they have to do when they want to do an event in the MK or AK.

It's just like the Epcot lounge even if DVC wants to extend it past the anniversary they would need permission to do so from Epcot management.

From MS, more than one report.

I called today, just to see if by sheer luck any slots had opened up for March 1st (a day we had already planned to be at Epcot so the stars were aligned) and was told that there were only 15 slots per day. She checked and after a few minutes alas it was fully booked for that day. Told me to keep calling from time to time to see if there were any cancellations but honestly who has time for that? Clearly it was very popular and would have been cool but it's not going to ruin our trip.

We thought about looking into this for our next visit but this thread says otherwise .... agree that the limited availability is a bit of a snub to the DVC members.

We thought about looking into this for our next visit but this thread says otherwise .... agree that the limited availability is a bit of a snub to the DVC members.

It wouldn't hurt to check first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter