DVC phone call before cruise

Homemom

DIS Veteran
I just got a voice mail from a woman, Sarah, saying she was from DVC and that her and her assistant Bill would be in the terminal at Galveston this weekend to welcome us aboard and give us our DVC gift and to attend the meeting on Sunday at 9:30 am in diversions for drinks, etc. Of course being on the DIS I knew all about this already, but I didn't know they called ahead of time. Do they usually call or is this new?

I got a call before we went on our cruise on 9/1. It was my 12th cruise but first phone call so must be something new they are doing.

I've gotten that call the past few cruises we've been on. It's kinda nice knowing someone is waiting for you!

We received this call, too, before our 9/21 cruise. The DVC person even tracked us down in the terminal to give us our lanyards and info about the info session. :)

They have been doing this for awhile but it was the first time iqwas actually home when they called. They found us in the terminal too. We had a great time too!

In 10 cruises (2 B2B this year), we've never gotten a call. However - we did have Sarah on our second leg on the Fantasy this summer. She was awesome! Very high energy, friendly and helpful.

Of course, we've had James on 5/10 cruises - and ran into him once on land at WDW! :rotfl2: It's almost gotten to the point where it's not a Disney vacation if we don't see James!

We got ZERO recognition as DVC owners on our recent cruise. I called ahead of time to have them make note we were DVC, (it was a cash res, not points) but they said they didn't see what difference it made and obviously didn't note it. We didn't have our welcome home magnet on the door either. We went to the DVC celebration the first day, and thought maybe after that they would realize we were owners and have the gifts put in our room and the magnet, but no. And def no call before hand, or personal greeting in the terminal. I know we could have told them, but it didn't seem like a big deal then. I think I'm more disappointed now after having heard about other people experiences.

We've sailed on both cash and points. We've never received a call but the dvc reps always make us feel welcome like its our home. If they forget our magnet because we're on cash the always give us something special to make up for it. When we were on the wonder last year they had a special party in addition to the DVC member celebration to celebrate our visit to Hawaii and the new DVC home their.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter