Dvc perks for buying aboard

disneydawn6

Waiting for my next Diney Fix
Ones anyone know if they are giving any perks for buying DVC on board? Last year they had a $1000 on board credit. Anyone know ?

This changes...

I vaguely remember from our Feb 2013 that it was $500 credit towards down payment and $500 OBC, however they would allow you to apply it all towards your payment instead in the event you didn't have that much OBC to spend on. It did require a min of 160 points I think.

I was told they have been discontinued as the on land selling agents thought it was an unfair advantage to the on board agents.

I am not sure what the curent perks are but each time I sail with Disney the perks where almost enough for me to purchase more DVC but so far I am able to fight back the urge.

I am interested in this as well. Anyone who recently went on a cruise??? Can you verify that there are no discounts? Last week when I spoke to a land DVC guide I was told no discounts or special offers were being given to the Grand points (used to be a free cruise/tickets/deposit discount when you purchased at other resorts). Price was $155.00 per point for add on to Grand. On Alaska cruise we were given 20% free extra points and instant onboard credit. Sales guide told me Grand was 70% sold out and no special offers would be available for it. I find it hard to believe, especially with the August DVC member cruise coming up

was on Fantasy a few weeks ago, and yes there were discounts, on board credits, and points for current use year without maintenance fees.

was on Fantasy a few weeks ago, and yes there were discounts, on board credits, and points for current use year without maintenance fees.

You can get points for current UY (totally normal) and discounts on land, too.

It behooves a potential buyer to check out discounts and prices before the cruise. Wrote it down, know the figures. That way when you are onboard you don't fall for something that might be exactly what you can get at home. I think the site is dvcnews.com to check for current offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter