• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Owners Live in Florida?

Another Florida DVC member here :goodvibes We bought in January 2006 and have added on twice since then, if that tells you anything. Like others have mentioned, we aboslutely love our membership. We're only an hour away and I feel just like anyone else who books a trip, I get all excited for the vacation, even if its only a few nights. We're lucky we can drive our own car and not have to worry about airfare expenses. We just stayed in a Treehouse for Labor Day weekend and it was so nice having our own car there, and we could bring our own water and snacks. We pay roughly $245-ish for our Florida resident annual passes. Honestly, I think us residents have it the best because we can use our membership whenever our little hearts desire. I wouldn't have it any other way!

On our DCL cruise where we bought into the DVC, we shared the table with a couple who are CMs at WDW, live in Celebration, FL and are DVC members as well!

In January we are moving 35 miles south of WDW. We plan to use our DVC points for occasional weekend visits, to provide accomodations for guests, for Vero, Hawaii, and maybe cruises. We can't wait!

We love having our DVC in Florida! Lived in NJ when we bought and had to plan ahead for vacations, airfare, etc. Now, we just decide to go (2 hr 15 min drive), call MS & book whatever resort is available (since we sometimes only book 2 weeks in advance) and head out. We enjoy being able to go for long weekends when my DS, 13 is off from school, and love that we can shop here at home and bring a cooler with us filled with essentials for the room. No more wasting vacation time with food shopping!

Our trips are now more relaxed and we use DW as a resort; pool time, golf, mini golf, rent a boat, etc. It's not all about the parks anymore (although we still love them too)!

We live about 30 minutes away and LOVE our DVC. We're going to have our son's Birthday Party there next week.

Well, we are back from a short visit to Florida and had a bid accepted on a home in Solivita Florida!!! It's about 20 miles (or 40 minutes they say) from WDW. They even have a Disney Cast Members Club as a lot of residents work part time at WDW. It will just be a Snow Bird home for the next 4 to 5 years and then our primary home. We are very excited! Anyway, the plan is to sell our two smallest DVC contracts and hang onto the other two until our two kids get out on their own and can afford the dues and then transfer ownership to them. They are both in college now.

We live in Miami, about a 4 hour drive, and we love our DVC! Our DVC is held in a family trust and is actually used by three families (mine and my two adult daughters'), all of whom live in the Miami area.

As mentioned above, we use the Florida Resident Seasonal Annual Pass, which is about $100 less than a DVC-discounted pass, and there are also a LOT of Florida resident specials going on, including REALLY low resort room rates quite frequently. The specials are not just WDW, but also Universal, Sea World, La Nouba, etc. Because we live close enough, we can take short trips to WDW or VB if we want, and in fact most of my daughters' trips have been shorter trips.

For those who live close by WDW, there are a lot of great local deals that you don't hear much about on these forums -- the Epcot after 4 PM, PM waterpark passes, etc.

There are a LOT of advantages to being a Florida resident, and DVC is a perfect fit.

Just 25 minutes to Disney. I use my DVC all the time for small getaways. It's great to go during the low season when there are less visitors. You will not be sorry if you buy in.

You will LOVE IT!!!

We are in the same situation and use our DVC the same way. Small getaways during the low season. Perfect!!! ;)

Add me to the list. I purchased my first DVC points in 1994 while living in Nevada. Have been a Florida resident since 1998 and use the points for short getaways. :cool1:

Robert

Add me to the list. I purchased my first DVC points in 1994 while living in Nevada. Have been a Florida resident since 1998 and use the points for short getaways. :cool1:

Robert

I'll probably be calling you within the next few months on a small contract... Love all of these responses!:thumbsup2

For those who live close by WDW, there are a lot of great local deals that you don't hear much about on these forums -- the Epcot after 4 PM, PM waterpark passes, etc.

There are a LOT of advantages to being a Florida resident, and DVC is a perfect fit.
What JimMiami said.

Less than 5 miles behind the MK. DW and DD are PT CM's at MK. Majority of points owned at VB.

In July 2008 we signed a contract to purchase a townhouse in a gated golfing community about 7-10 minutes southwest of WDW. We took possession when the building was completed in May of 2009. I think we have been down 3 times since and plan our 4th trip next month. We are using it as a vacation house for another 5 or so years, then we plan to live there during the winter months.

We love it. It is SO NICE not having to carry luggage when we fly. I do miss the "welcome home" at the gate though. We use a service that has someone come in periodically and check things out, flush the toilets, etc. and she always leaves a "welcome home" note for us. She works part-time at Downtown Disney and owns some points so she understands.

But now DH wants to sell some of our DVC points and I am okay with that as long as we keep some. We have 375 points and I'd like to sell the Vero Beach 150 point contract and maybe a 25 ponit Beach Club Villas contract. I want to use our points for family to get the whole Disney experience of staying on property. Plus I want to use it occasionally for getaways, not only to WDW, but to use DVC properties outside of Florida and of course the Disney Cruiseline.

But now DH wants to sell some of our DVC points and I am okay with that as long as we keep some. We have 375 points and I'd like to sell the Vero Beach 150 point contract and maybe a 25 ponit Beach Club Villas contract. I want to use our points for family to get the whole Disney experience of staying on property. Plus I want to use it occasionally for getaways, not only to WDW, but to use DVC properties outside of Florida and of course the Disney Cruiseline.

I hear you. We currently have 585 points, but now that we are buying the house in Solivita we've decided to sell two contracts (25 & 150 at OKW). That will still leave us a total of 410 between the VWL & OKW for getaways and cruises. We are going the last week of October for the closing and some furniture shopping and of course the Food & Wine Festival. :drinking1

We lived in Indiana when we bought over 10 years ago. We moved 45 minutes from WDW 2 years ago. We use our points for quick trips to WDW and for when family comes down. We have used the points to go to Vero Beach 3 times since we have been here. We talked about selling one of our 2 contracts but for us it makes sense to hang on to them and enjoy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter