DVC Open Hour Tour - Extra FP+?

mjdis17

Mouseketeer
Has anyone recently done a DVC Open House Tour and gotten the 3 extra FP+ per person? The page online says the tour can be 60-90 min, is this true? We are interested in learning about DVC in general but definitely are not thinking about purchasing anytime soon...this is honestly more for the extra FP+. Speaking of, I assume they are the kind that can be used on any ride at any time, minus the rides that it is excluded from as noted on the web page. Lastly, how does the complimentary transportation work? Would doing this be considered a big waste of time?

We did get the FP for doing the presentation.
It was summer of 2015 but it hasn't changed as far as I know, since the website still says it's the 3 FP I'd assume it's correct
We were staying at Poly and signed up and did our presentation there
The day we did it we'd been in Epcot so they just arranged to pick us up there, we met the van in the parking lot, the took us to Poly, we went to the studio, saw their presentation. They had an iPad with games and movies for DGD to play on. It was just me, DH and DGD in our group. Don't know if that's how they usually do them or if they usually do larger groups or not.
Then we got to take a tour of a bungalow. We had waters and snacks, can't recall now what they were, chips or something I'm thinking. It was right about an hour
We got the FP loaded on to MDE, they were 3 Anytime FP per person in our group

Our experience was almost identical to AngiTN. I was excited to get to tour a bungalow; but, we mainly did it for the 3 fast passes. I wish we could do it again on our upcoming trip to get the fast passes, but I'm sure they wouldn't let us do it twice....or, would they?

Our experience was almost identical to AngiTN. I was excited to get to tour a bungalow; but, we mainly did it for the 3 fast passes. I wish we could do it again on our upcoming trip to get the fast passes, but I'm sure they wouldn't let us do it twice....or, would they?

You can do the tours as many times as you want, but if you have done one in the past for incentives or if you are currently a DVC member, they will not give you the freebies.

We've done two. One at Boardwalk and one at Saratoga. The DVC tour at SSR is great! They have a play area for kids 3 and up, so the kids get to play and have snacks while you hear the presentation. Then they take everyone to a little ice cream parlor before you leave!

How old do you have to be to do the tour? I am a DVC member but my Adult Daughter (19) and her boyfriend (22) are not. So maybe we could get some fast passes since we never did a tour, just bought our points resale. Crazy!

We took the tour in early March because they left an info packet in our room at AKL and offered us a $100 gift card. There was no mention of Fast Passes as an option. We did it and got the gift card. It ended up taking us about 2 hours, but we were truly interested and as such had a lot of questions, etc. We could have easily gotten out of there under the 90-minute mark if we just listened to their presentation and then left.

You can do the tours as many times as you want, but if you have done one in the past for incentives or if you are currently a DVC member, they will not give you the freebies.

What if someone in your party has done it, but someone else signs up and the person who has already done it goes along?

We took the tour in early March because they left an info packet in our room at AKL and offered us a $100 gift card. There was no mention of Fast Passes as an option. We did it and got the gift card. It ended up taking us about 2 hours, but we were truly interested and as such had a lot of questions, etc. We could have easily gotten out of there under the 90-minute mark if we just listened to their presentation and then left.
I wonder how they determine which you get? The website indicates you get FP if you do the presentation but I have heard others mentioning a gift card.

While on my Disneymoon in Sept my DH & I received a DVC Tour packet in our room. They must have placed it on the bed while we were out one day. We were staying in a DVC room at Poly, but with rented points. We're not members. The incentive on the packet was a $100 GC. If we had the flexibility we probably would have done it but just couldn't fit it in during that trip.

We did it that way through Animal Kingdom too. No fast passes, but a $100 gift card. That was totally worth our down time.

We did it that way through Animal Kingdom too. No fast passes, but a $100 gift card. That was totally worth our down time.
I wonder if it's based on how you book? Did you get materials left in the room also?
Also, if you look on MDE, at the waaaaay bottom, do you have a blurb that says "Get 3 more FP+ when you take a Vacation Club Tour" and a box to click for more info?

I wonder how they determine which you get? The website indicates you get FP if you do the presentation but I have heard others mentioning a gift card.
Can you post a link to the website where it mentions the three extra FPs? I can't find that. Thanks!

Can you post a link to the website where it mentions the three extra FPs? I can't find that. Thanks!

There isn't one.. but if you talk to any vacation club cm at the resort or park, they will try to get you to sign up for the tour.. if you act like it's just not worth your time, they will try to compensate you, generally with 3 fastpasses to get the time back in your trip...

I haven't done the tour in a couple years but the last time the fastpasses couldn't be used on the most popular rides.

honestly, same day fastpasses are so plentiful lately if you time them right, I'm pretty sure I could do 5 in the time it took you to do the tour..

How old do you have to be to do the tour? I am a DVC member but my Adult Daughter (19) and her boyfriend (22) are not. So maybe we could get some fast passes since we never did a tour, just bought our points resale. Crazy!

Well, I'm 21 and my bf is 22 and we are going on a tour. I think your daughter and her bf would be completely fine to go alone and absolutely no problem if you are with them. I'm sure under 18 without an adult might be where they draw line based on looks of maturity, but even so they don't truly know how old you are in the first place.

I wonder if it's based on how you book? Did you get materials left in the room also?
Also, if you look on MDE, at the waaaaay bottom, do you have a blurb that says "Get 3 more FP+ when you take a Vacation Club Tour" and a box to click for more info?
This was left in our room at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter