• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Online Tour---$40 gift card?

I just called them (again). She was like "Ok I'll let our coordinator you have not gotten your gift card. Thanks bye." and then she hung up right away :confused3

Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to scam half of us out of our gift cards. It's not fair that they don't hold up their end of the deal.

Sorry so many of you are still waiting for your GC from the "tour". My pkg. came 4 days after the call, then the GC came at 4 weeks. Hope you receive them soon :goodvibes

It did end on the 21st. My parents called that night and they were sooo busy and understaffed that they set them up for a call back the next week. They honored the $40 since they noted it in their "account". Apparently, they said they underestimated the amount of calls they would get the last night of the promo and didn't want to make people wait.

Same thing here...but haven't received gift card

I finally got my card, almost 3 months to the day after I took the tour. But I had to write the offices a letter about it, which I credit for finally getting my GC. No apology or anything, the card just showed up two weeks after the letter went out.

If anyone is interested, this is where I sent the complaint letter:

Disney Vacation Development, Inc.
200 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida, 34747-9903

I finally got my card, almost 3 months to the day after I took the tour. But I had to write the offices a letter about it, which I credit for finally getting my GC. No apology or anything, the card just showed up two weeks after the letter went out.

If anyone is interested, this is where I sent the complaint letter:

Disney Vacation Development, Inc.
200 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida, 34747-9903

Thanks, I tried the snail mail approach also. Funny, during my last phone call the DVC guy said, "and we received the letter from you" however, no gift card. :confused3 Glad it worked for you though.

I found this email on another DIS thread and tried it earlier today. I rec'd a call and email about 2 hours later from a DVC Director informing me that the card went out today. I'll let you know if/when it is rec'd.

tom.staggs at disney dot com

Good luck.
:hippie:

Thanks, I tried the snail mail approach also. Funny, during my last phone call the DVC guy said, "and we received the letter from you" however, no gift card. :confused3 Glad it worked for you though.

I found this email on another DIS thread and tried it earlier today. I rec'd a call and email about 2 hours later from a DVC Director informing me that the card went out today. I'll let you know if/when it is rec'd.

tom.staggs at disney dot com

Good luck.
:hippie:

Thank you!!!!! I emailed that person late last night. My email was forwarded to someone else at Disney. They emailed me back saying they sent my gift card out immediately via Fedex so we'll see!!

I got the gift card yesterday! In the thank you card they said since I had to wait for so long it was a $50 gift card instead of $40. :cool1:

I think my gift card is coming tomorrow. I had a message on my answering machine when I got home from work stating that tomorrow, by 7:00, I'll be receiving a package that someone needs to sign for. Hopefully FedEx will come tomorrow evening or no one will be home. Can I pick the gift card up at an authorized dealer if no one is home?

I got the gift card yesterday! In the thank you card they said since I had to wait for so long it was a $50 gift card instead of $40. :cool1:

Must be nice! :) Mine was only worth $40 and there was no note, just a letter saying to keep DVC in mind. I finally got my gift card today after taking the "tour" on December 15. My DVC guy put in the wrong code and I didn't call to check in on it until late January. Mine got pushed back with all of the Feb. cards.

Looks like they're finally getting with the program! :cool1:

I got the FedEx call today too. The card should be here tomorrow. I did the tour on Jan 19 so I'm guessing they're almost at the end.

So I called the week before my trip, and they sent my card a few days later, and then I forgot to spend it in Disney!!! :headache:

I got my gift card from Fedex today!!! It only took 4 1/2 months. :rotfl:

I know beggars can't be choosers, but I'm a little disappointed that it is just a plain Mickey gift card. I heard that the original ones were an Auluani design and I really wanted one of those. Oh well, I guess I should just be happy that it showed up at all. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter