• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC on eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, oh..i think as i feel is all about wdw resorts. i guess i am thinking/ remembering the days when
we did our wdw trips..when a dollar was a dollar, & thinking how awful it would be to show up
and having no place to stay. i think when the majority renting the rci revs are not timeshares
owners, and do not realized what the rci owner is selling them....thou many will say ,let the
buyer be wary, especially when it sounds too good,...but it is easy too overlook when talking
about a wdw vacation ...though many warning about this here, i still think they are in the
minority.

the fact is, these renters vacations are obvious and easily detected...it just been ignored, &
i am guessing-- but thinking without them, thinking out loud, how much monies being lost &
the effects on dues.

oh, i am sure owners not paying the same amount of dues would be ok with that. i don't
mind if you want to pay for others..but not with my dues. and of course, there are
factors that can effect this amount....like are you direct vs resales, do you own other
timeshares, or the resort -like the least desired ones. because the differences in
each ownership can be great, then adding these factors can explain their
feelings...better than saying "i am a dvc owner".

too me, if they had taken action earlier--this would have gotten out of control...like
the "numbers" seen on e-bay...so the bigger question , how can dvc make it "right"
for owners vs having many, many families being turned away?

many of the listings will specifically say that there is no $95 fee so i would only consider those. I have rented points through Ebay before and it was a very pleasant experience. I just recently rented through *********** and it was an even better experience. Ask for references if you feel uneasy.

A buddy of mine is bragging about a rental deal he purchased on eBay for AKL in May for a weekend. He said he is renting it from an owner. He was asking me if his family will get magic bands sent to them. I didn't have an answer. He laughed at me when I said the owner can cancel his reservation at any time.

rationalization is nothing more than a concept invented
by someone trying to get over a peer. that's a real reality

What does that mean? someone trying to get over a peer with rationalization?

like how many
people take their laundry with them, to play tennis? and then claimed,
she does not understand what she was doing?

That was from, what, 2010? From what I recall we bought in at the same time, around 2009, and I've seen your posts coming from a totally different viewpoint than ours as similar, direct, owners, and I swear it's been 5 years since anyone said anything about taking laundry to a resort while playing tennis.

Although, using eBay and Paypal your purchase is protected and Paypal does refund money. Just in case you have any problems.

It isn't. Timeshare transactions are NOT protected, you'll find, when you go looking in the paypal/ebay rules.

A buddy of mine is bragging about a rental deal he purchased on eBay for AKL in May for a weekend. He said he is renting it from an owner. He was asking me if his family will get magic bands sent to them. I didn't have an answer. He laughed at me when I said the owner can cancel his reservation at any time.

Does he have the reservation number? He can link it to his own MyDisneyExperience account. That will enable him to order magicbands for his stay.

As in any reservation, the owner can cancel it at any point. That's the risk. But he can view it in MDE if he has the reservation number and links it. I hope his is not one of the RCI trades with the $95 fee, because those can indeed be cancelled if they are noticed.

I, personally...if we were renting out our points I would likely go through David's. If I were wanting to rent points for an extra stay or extra long stay, I would go through them as well OR I would go through someone I have known (of) for a long time on the boards.

Does he have the reservation number? He can link it to his own MyDisneyExperience account. That will enable him to order magicbands for his stay.

As in any reservation, the owner can cancel it at any point. That's the risk. But he can view it in MDE if he has the reservation number and links it. I hope his is not one of the RCI trades with the $95 fee, because those can indeed be cancelled if they are noticed.

I, personally...if we were renting out our points I would likely go through David's. If I were wanting to rent points for an extra stay or extra long stay, I would go through them as well OR I would go through someone I have known (of) for a long time on the boards.

Thanks for the info, I'll let him know.

...hemp, hempy , is that a catcher in the rye reference?
( many read it but seldom recognize the meanings for maintaining "healthy" mental health,
which is actually what the true value was for the author )

actually, mine isn't a personal reference --instead it was a great illustration, (even now)
toward explaining the "main point". what people want to believe can/will over-rule their "sound
judgment." then applying it the same principle & my own observations, how poorly
the dvc business "aspects" are running.
and ( i am saying) that because the corrective measures are right in front of them; are easy; & within
their authority to do so.[ psst.. rule #1 in limit setting--one can only set a reasonable limit based on the
ability to "enforce" it. ]

butter,butter, jam!..people don't come here without a motivation. & trying to reduce their costs
for wdw vacations....makes a lot of sense/$ too me. however, the dvc system has an obligation
to manage the incomes they are "charging" owners....especially regarding ethics. so they are @ fault
when they are ignoring the rci situations....where my dues are paying for others. now if they/disney
deduct all the utilities /costs from these- then no problems. however, they are not. (go to the dvc
boards to learn where/how this problem/e-bay rci renters are coming from.....(again not a personal
feeling /observation)...but another "grand illustration' for true dvc owners to "pay attention"!
...an expert timeshares fella , posted about having 3/4 active trades into dvc. wonder how
many more are doing that--but!, are tired of going to wdw? also which is easier for them to rent
and get the most $ out of? i am expecting dvc to manage /step in & placed a limit of one trade
per rci per year & only one trade per contact -ever. think about it--dvc is gaining nothing by the same
rci owners doing it over & over? one even posted, they wished they didn't own their dvc
because they are getting better deals with their rci trading...if i was running dvc, that
would have motivated me toward action. and by reducing all these rci-renters ( the ones
that own many traders /and then reselling them ) ....will reduce this e-bay market. that's
should be the highest priority for dvc....because liked i pointed out- via the "laundry lady"
....it is an ethical usage, cause it isn't disney $. so yeah, i am crazy like that---i don't
like wasting my money.

my interest, is how it is effecting my dvc rooms via all the factors...( availabilities, damages, dues, choices ).
i also think ...those renting in good faith are not aware of the pitfalls & the risk of losing something
very important to them....their dream wdw vacations. sure hope dvc is reading this.

Since posters seem to insist on making this a debate on DVC operations, this thread is closed. Posts on that subject belong on the DVC boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter