• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Neighborhood news NYC: UPDATE! With PICTURES!!!!

Goldilocks07

A rockin' mom and her sweet princess
I just received this email (see below) in regards to some sort of ice/dvc event thing in Times Square. Does ANYONE know what it is and/or if it's appropriate to bring kids? I have a 1.5 year old I could bring along, but it may not be worth the hassle if there's nothing there for her. If anyone has any info to pass along to me that would be most helpful. THANKS!!!
PS, I live in Manhattan so I can go see the 'normal' sites in Times Square any time- so I'm really only interested in the DVC stuff. :cool1:

Greetings Disney Vacation Club Members,

You're Invited!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Disney Parks will be in your neighborhood! Join your fellow Members and other Disney fans in Times Square, New York City for a nICE special event, which we invite you to enjoy!

A huge and magically chilling surprise will await you in the Times Square Pedestrian Plaza area on Broadway between 45th and 46th! You'll see Disney characters and experience some special delights the whole family can enjoy.

There is no need to R.S.V.P. Please just enjoy this special experience brought to you by Disney Parks.

We look forward to seeing you then.

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club

got the invite also - but i have to work - really curious - maybe it's the cruise line 2014 announcements -

I got it too but have to work....I did just get an e-mail from my TA that DCL should be announcing at least some itins for some ships this week...hmmmm..

Ok peeps...

My daughter and I (1.5 yrs old, wish me luck!) are hopping on the 2/3 train tomorrow and hitting Times Square for the 'DVC surprise'.

I will let you all know what it is, and try and take pictures. I'll do a write up during her nap tomorrow, around 12 noon. I'm excited to see what it's about!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hopefully this works, I've never uploaded a picture before.

So we get off the train and walk in the direction of the Disney Store, and lo and behold, I see off to the distance the top of the Castle...IN ICE!!! I almost cried right then.
We get closer, and I see tourists and such walking away with Mickey Ears...and when we arrive at the event area, there are CMs handing them out!!! WOO HOO!!! We scored 2- one for Madeleine (1.5 yr old) and one for me!!!

IMG_4960.jpg

Ok, it's working!

Here come more:

Then there were some singers, who performed a variety of songs. Madeleine LOVED IT. The camera guys were filming her, and then an employee ran over to us and asked me if it were ok if Disney used Madeleine's pictures/video for future Disney media/promotions. OMG OF COURSE!!!!!!!! :cool1::cheer2::grouphug:

It was sort of disorganized and no one really knew what was going on or how to run the event, but THAT'S OK! It was so fun. I really felt like a little chunk of Disney was brought into Times Square.

The event ended with Minnie, Pluto and Goofy giving hugs and photo ops. So worth it!

Enjoy the photos!!
IMG_4965.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

Here are more, I wasn't sure how many would attach in one reply.

IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

Oh, how could I forget??!!! As a treat we got to have our pic with Merida! And let me just say, she was GORGEOUS!
IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4988.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

Here's a view from the Disney Store. So random looking!!
IMG_4998.jpg

On the train on our way home, Mickey and Minnie in hand (a treat from the Disney Store...not free, lol!!)!!
IMG_5009.jpg

I saw a bunch of that stuff happening as I was leaving the MTV building on Times Square. So cool to know that there were Dis'er's (is that a word?) involved!

So, did they ever say what the event was for??

BTW: Your daughter is SO CUTE!! I am sure they are going to use her photos and video. :thumbsup2

So upset that work thwarted me again! :sad:

So, did they ever say what the event was for??

BTW: Your daughter is SO CUTE!! I am sure they are going to use her photos and video. :thumbsup2

So upset that work thwarted me again! :sad:

You know what's funny? Is that I thought the same thing once I got home- I was so excited to see all the Disney ice and characters, I totally forgot to ask what the event was for! On one of the forums here someone posted to the Disney blog with all the information, and with WAY better pictures of the event. I still don't really get all the fuss with the promotions, but it was so fun to see a speck of Disney in Times Square so it doesn't matter to me!

Thank you for the compliment on Madeleine...poor thing couldn't understand why she couldn't stay with the characters, she wouldn't walk away. She just kept saying "more....more....more..." so cute! So then I took her to the Disney Store, which I haven't been to since 1998! Not kidding!!
It was a fun morning, no doubt.

:)

I wanted to go to this, but DD's had school and DH was working and I did not want to go by myself. Glad you had fun- thanks for the photos. Your dd is adorable. I have a Madalyn too- just different spelling.

I wanted to go to this, but DD's had school and DH was working and I did not want to go by myself. Glad you had fun- thanks for the photos. Your dd is adorable. I have a Madalyn too- just different spelling.

Love the Madeleines/Madalyns!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Hey, next time there's something in Manhattan, let's post to the board and we can all meet up. This way, no Disney peeps will be alone. :grouphug:

(ps, I didn't have anyone with me either, except for my little one.) :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter