DVC Mike Live from BWV Mar 5-13

When we make the ADRs, we note the allergies that are available (such as gluten) and always click "other". When we arrive at each restaurant, the chef comes out and speaks with my wife, and they discuss options. We even bring a pre-printed card that lists all my wife's allergies (which ensures they get the full list).

In a few cases, if a chef doesn't want to make an effort, they'll just suggest a few items on the menu that they can pull together to make a meal. In most cases, the chef prepares something unique and special, which is great, since my wife can't dine out safely at home.

That's one of the things we love about Disney - the special care they have for people with food allergies.

Thank you for the info Mike. I'm happy to hear that Disney restaurants take food allergies & sensitivities seriously. Our poor experiences with local places have made me worry that places don't really understand what gluten-free really means, even when they they have a specialized menu.

Loving the pics! Your trip reports always make me feel like you've taken us along with you.

:wizard:

Just left the World yesterday and am already in withdrawal. Your pics are helping greatly! :goodvibes

Thanks Mike.... makes me a believer that Spring will come eventually in the North!

Thank you for the beautiful pics!

I'm glad I chose BWV for our post cruise :yay:, It'll be our first "everything" in Florida and a suprise for the whole family :goodvibes Can't wait!

Again thanks Mike!

Today, we had breakfast with David (aka "Daddio") of David’s Disney Vacation Club Point Rental fame, as well his wife. It was very nice to see them again!

After that, we rented a Pontoon boat and went out on the lake (the four of us). It was a very relaxing time, cruising Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon.

So, still no theme park photos!

We rented the boat at the Contemporary, and this was our view as we looked back.

DM_110308_131442 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Looking towards the Wilderness Lodge on Bay Lake

DM_110308_132922 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

The old river country water park (and potential future DVC site?)

DM_110308_133122 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Going by the Wilderness Lodge

DM_110308_133844 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Love your trip reports! Your pictures are stunning. We check into the BWV on March 17th! Your report will help pass the time. Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time - again - to share your amazing pictures and dining reviews!:thumbsup2
I am so excited to see so many new topiaries this year!! (seems the overcast skies added to the depth and beauty of your photos) We arrive on the 19th for a very last minute trip to BWV. DS(22) called US:scared1: and asked if we could meet him and his GF for a spring break trip - he's now in college far away in CA, so I jumped at the chance - we haven't seen enough of him for the last 4 years. Can't wait to be there again for F&G - I also love taking pics of the flowers and topiaries.
Keep the pics/updates coming. . . just adding to my excitement!:goodvibes

Those pictures from the boat are amazing! What a beautiful clear day! I sure wish I was enjoying that Florida sunshine instead of our our snowy winter weather!

Wow, I just found this report and your pictures are amazing! The best I have seen on the Dis!!

I can't wait to see more from your vacation. It really gets me in the spirit for our summer vacation.

Erika

Spectacular photos Mike. I'm green with envy right now, its in the low 50's and expecting 3" of rain starting this evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter