Dvc merchandise?

princessK30

Mouseketeer
Where is the best place to purchase DVC merchandise...shirts, sweatshirts, etc? We're at Vero Beach right now and they have an okay selection but wondering if there's a bigger variety somewhere in DW?? We may stop there to shop on our way back to the orlando airport later in the week. Thanks!

The only places DVC Merchandise will be available is in the gift shops of the DVC Resorts.

I was pretty disappointed in the selection at AKV (both Kidani and Jambo) a few weeks ago. BWV had a better selection when we were there in April, but we did not go there this last time. BLT/CR had a pathetic selection, as well. I would like a member store on the website.

I would try Artist's Palette at SSR and also the gift shop at OKW. They are relatively close to each other and seem to have the largest selection of all the DVC resorts (although I have to say, there just isn't a whole lot of selection in the first place.)

I would try Artist's Palette at SSR and also the gift shop at OKW. They are relatively close to each other and seem to have the largest selection of all the DVC resorts (although I have to say, there just isn't a whole lot of selection in the first place.)

Thanks!! You would think they would expand their DVC line of items considering how many ppl own at this point!

There is not a lot of DVC stuff out there but I did buya polar fleece zip up at HH, Wind jacket at AKv and long sleeve shirt all came in handy during the Alaska cruise.

It doesn't look like it's been updated recently, but DVC News has a catalog of DVC merchandise. If you know the SKU of the item you want, you can order it over the phone with Disney Merchandise Gift Services.

I just got home from 5 awesome days in the world , and the best selection of dvc wear we found was at SSR . I went to 6 different resorts looking at the same resort wear at each just some might have a few extra of one item over the other .

I am not sure I understand the rationale for the lack of DVC merchandise out there. It would seem to me that if there was more DVC merchandise, and made available at the park gift shops, then more people would be wearing DVC merchandise at the parks thus promoting DVC for free.

I guess DVC must think they are doing well enough and does not need the free advertising. :confused3

Maybe it"s part of the "best kept secret" philosophy but from a marketing standpoint you'd think they'd want us all donning the DVC gear. I know I love the few things I have

I did pick up a really nice light grey DVC zip-up sweatshirt while here at VB :) hubby got a windbreaker type jacket, but was secretly jealous of my sweatshirt i think! Oh well, next time we're in the World we'll have to shop the resorts as you all have suggested!! Thanks everyone!

I am not sure I understand the rationale for the lack of DVC merchandise out there. It would seem to me that if there was more DVC merchandise, and made available at the park gift shops, then more people would be wearing DVC merchandise at the parks thus promoting DVC for free.

I guess DVC must think they are doing well enough and does not need the free advertising. :confused3

I don't think promotion of DVC is a consideration. I suspect that Disney operates under a formula where a projected return on investment is met with any marketing initiative. In other words, if they can't earn X% on X00,000
units produced, they aren't interested. :confused3

I actually think the lack of merchandise is because it doesn't really sell well. Folks on here seem to want it, but if it was selling then there would be more of it IMHO (Disney is motivated by $$$$)

I don't buy it or want it. If DVC wants me to advertise I want to get paid (at least give me the tshirt for free LOL!) I also admit I don't want "guilt by association" Some of our fellow members think buying DVC gave them the right to abuse CMs and I don't want them CMs to think I am from that "group" (I won't wear AP merchandise for the same reason)

I don't think promotion of DVC is a consideration. I suspect that Disney operates under a formula where a projected return on investment is met with any marketing initiative. In other words, if they can't earn X% on X00,000
units produced, they aren't interested. :confused3

So basically what you are saying is there is no profit in it. That may be very true but with the the limited number of product out there they are generating no interest in it either.

I don't buy it or want it. If DVC wants me to advertise I want to get paid (at least give me the tshirt for free LOL!) I also admit I don't want "guilt by association" Some of our fellow members think buying DVC gave them the right to abuse CMs and I don't want them CMs to think I am from that "group" (I won't wear AP merchandise for the same reason)

I agree. I have a hard time paying premium money for a product just because of a logo (i.e. nike clothing). It is nothing more than free advertising for the company.

I also think it is sad that there are fellow DVCers out there that think they are entitled to more just because they are DVC members.

I was pretty disappointed in the selection at AKV (both Kidani and Jambo) a few weeks ago. BWV had a better selection when we were there in April, but we did not go there this last time. BLT/CR had a pathetic selection, as well. I would like a member store on the website.

From what we've seen, BWV has the biggest selection, not the small shop by check in, but the one actually on the boardwalk. :)

I saw the Facebook post as well. Bought an OKW and SSR glass tumbler last night to add to our beer glasses. Found it interesting that it was limited mainly to those two resorts as well as Vero.

One of my pet peeves is the logo on the DVC Merchandise. Why can't it just say DVC or Disney Vacation Club. Or even just the name of the resort, like DVC at Saratoga Springs? I can't stand that they add the word "Member."

Every other club or country club, only has the name of the place, not the word "member." I think it is unnecessary. I'd me more apt to buy a t-shirt or sweatshirt if it only said DVC.

What does anyone else think?

Michele

I just saw this tonight and checked here to make sure someone had posted about it! I was sad to see it was only for a few resorts and I wonder what their rationale is for that? I guess it is better than nothing and I hope they expand it to include all resorts. Oh wait, I guess they only did for the resorts that are exclusively DVC. But why? There are "members" at the others too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter