DVC Merchandise ....

trainboyjon

Walt Disney World Railroad Fan
:cool1:

Hey everyone, while there is a lot of merchandise for DVC, and even more in the past that has been available. With that being said, I'm curious as to what everyone thinks to what merchandise they would like to see that is not offered with either their resort DVC logo on it, or just in general the DVC logo. Myself, I'd like to see a tire cover for my jeep with just either my resort DVC logo, or just the DVC logo itself. How about the rest of you? This should be interesting.

I have to say - all the DVC merchandise I've seen lately is pure ugly. What is with all the blue? I bought a nice green DVC tee shirt and a cap a number of years back, but since then I haven't seen anything I'd waste my money on. What is with the DVC merchandise people - someone needs to send them back to marketing school.

Most of the DVC clothing is this "run-down washed up look". I refuse to buy a $30 Tee Shirt that is mistaken for 10 years old when I wear it around my home town. There are still a few of us that are determined to make new stuff look like that on our own!

I think 99% of it is ugly. I would like to see a nice t-shirt or a basic tote bag with a logo. Not some big monster graphic all over the shirt.

I do have one t-shirt from Hilton Head I love with the Hilton Head dog logo on it. It is a men's shirt since the women's shirts did not fit. Normally I wear a medium but the woman's XL was too small and even the clerk commented that normal human beings cannot wear them.

I don't like t-shirts, but would enjoy choices of collared shirts for ladies. Similar to these examples of lady's rugby top or v-neck polo. Of course, I *love* my Parelli lightweight jacket and would certainly be interested if there were items of similar quality offered with DVC or resort-specific logo?

Edited to add: Notice also, that the items I've linked show both "normal" and "member" pricing. Hint, hint! ;)

I don't like t-shirts, but would enjoy choices of collared shirts for ladies. Similar to these examples of lady's rugby top or v-neck polo. Of course, I *love* my Parelli lightweight jacket and would certainly be interested if there were items of similar quality offered with DVC or resort-specific logo?

Edited to add: Notice also, that the items I've linked show both "normal" and "member" pricing. Hint, hint! ;)

Hey fellow Parelli fan! One of my friends just got that jacket and loves it!

Hey fellow Parelli fan! One of my friends just got that jacket and loves it!
Howdy! Yes, I got mine on sale ($30?) and now wish I had purchased two of them. I'm having a very hard time putting the jacket into my tack box, per original plan. I'm very glad I have two of the rugby tops -- one purchased from the Mercantile floor during the Mustang Taming event (Reno, July 2011) and the second from the website while on sale.

Loving Parelli! (And really, really wishing both Disney's and my employer's IT depts could take a few lessons from Parelli's team. What a tremendous job they do!)

I work with a therapeutic riding program, and we love using Parelli on the horses and some of the autistic kids. Our program was in the Parelli magazine about 3 years ago. I'll find the exact date and maybe you might have the magazine.

I'm excited because Linda will be here in GA in February, so we're all planning on going! Can't wait!

I hope DVC brings back some unique items under the new guidance of Claire!!

I work with a therapeutic riding program, and we love using Parelli on the horses and some of the autistic kids. Our program was in the Parelli magazine about 3 years ago. I'll find the exact date and maybe you might have the magazine.
Feb 2009 Article: Body language is universal: Parelli Provides a Path to a Child’s Mind ??

I'm excited because Linda will be here in GA in February, so we're all planning on going! Can't wait!
Woot! I'm hoping to see both Pat and Linda at the Horse Expo in Pomona, CA next February. Sounds like they have a busy travel schedule! (Still shocked from yesterday's report re: West Point. My heart goes out to Linda -- Westy was a truly beautiful horse. So glad I got to see him just a few months ago.)

I hope DVC brings back some unique items under the new guidance of Claire!!
Indeed. Here's hoping for variety, items of purpose and quality!

Yes, I do believe that was the article! That child still comes to ride with us, and each year we get back up to speed and start making more progress quickly. It's amazing to witness.

We were shocked when we learned they were selling the place in Ocala, but not totally surprised. I don't know how I missed the news about Westy on my FB news feed!! How tragic!!

So agreed on DVC items!! =)

I like to see anything with Bay Lake Tower on it. Six months after the resort opened nothing. I think it has something to do with BLT formal name, Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort. Everything is labeled for CR.

DVC Merchandise must not sell that well. Don't know why:confused3 but saw a bunch of stuff, jackets and shirts, at one of the Disney outlet stores just this November.:confused3

i noticed that too the last time i was down there at the beginning of the year.. didn't think much about it because it wasn't untill later in my stay that i bought into DVC, but now that i think of it there was a lot there.. strange.

DVC Merchandise must not sell that well. Don't know why:confused3 but saw a bunch of stuff, jackets and shirts, at one of the Disney outlet stores just this November.:confused3

That's because they never ask us members what we WANT to buy. I have an old DVC Jacket and a couple of shirts, but I would definitely buy new ones if they came out with something nice again. Of course, that would mean it would have that new logo on it, and that alone makes it too generic and ugly!

We have purchased a few DVC items, but last year they had clothing items with the huge blocked lettered DVC down the front. That design just wasn't very popular. My beef is that the women's clothing is frequently pink--just not my color.

My husband purchased a polo that had the DVC logo it that was in the same color as the polo. It looks pretty nice. This last trip we saw tee shirts at OKW and SSR. The CM's at OKW said they were having trouble keeping them in stock. And last year I bought a DVC tee shirt at SSR that the CM's said the same thing.

Here's some photos of the tee shirts I was referring too.

The 2010 DVC Tee shirt we purchased.

DSCN3566.jpg

2011 at OKW

file-8.jpg

file-10.jpg

They had hats, magnets and key chains at OKW too but our photo didn't come out. The brown on the men's tee was nice. The women's was a thin white and tight fitting shirt, not appropriate for my mature body.

2011 at SSR

file-2261.jpg

file-1114.jpg

DSCN6459.jpg

We bought an SSR men's tee. I just love it!

One item I would really like to see in a window cling with the DVC logo.

wind breaker type of rain jacket that fold into themselves. I have a Mickey one I bought a few years ago the disney store website. I love it. It is large enough for an average man to wear, yet folds into a pocket that is actually on the back of the jacket. But the best part to me is.... it is a full zipper jacket, not a poncho. I hate pulling jackets/sweatshirts etc. over my head. This thing folds up & can be carried in an average size purse, or a stroller bag, or back pack. I would love to purchase a couple of these with a dvc logo.

How about umbrellas?

I also like the window cling idea.

And loose fitting polo shirts would be nice, woman and mens. I think the marketing people must not realize many of us that enjoy the non commando style vacations own dvc and are....how did pp state it.... mature body types.

Great topic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter