DVC Members, who is from PA?

Sherri said:
Boy do I have a fondness for Danville. My son was born three weeks early at Geisinger Medical center in Danville. We were in the area that weekend for a wedding when my water broke. My MIL took my son there a few years ago to show him where he was born. This was close to fifteen years ago.
Boy, you couldn't have been in a better place for such a scary thing to happen! Danville Geisinger is one of the best hospitals in the nation!

I'm in Quakertown!!

And since I'm talking to people from PA, just thought I throw out the question of how many of you are going to the Dismeet in Allentown?

schatz5k said:
I'm in Quakertown!!

And since I'm talking to people from PA, just thought I throw out the question of how many of you are going to the Dismeet in Allentown?

We are going! :cool1:

schatz5k said:
I'm in Quakertown!!

I'm still up in the air about the Dismeet. I won't need a hotel. Allentown is only an hour ride from philly.

CRSNDSNY said:
Boy, you couldn't have been in a better place for such a scary thing to happen! Danville Geisinger is one of the best hospitals in the nation!
I did love the hospital and everyone who worked there was so nice. I was lucky to be able to be at such a great place.

Sherri said:
Boy do I have a fondness for Danville. My son was born three weeks early at Geisinger Medical center in Danville. We were in the area that weekend for a wedding when my water broke. My MIL took my son there a few years ago to show him where he was born. This was close to fifteen years ago.

I have worked at Geisinger for the past 18 years...currently a nurse in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. We are lucky to have such a large, city-type hospital in such a rural area.
I'm glad to hear that you had such a good experience at GMC!

As for the meet........I'd love to go. I'm only 40 min from Allentown but I have to work that day. Hope u all have a great time. :cool1:

MiaSRN62 said:
As for the meet........I'd love to go. I'm only 40 min from Allentown but I have to work that day. Hope u all have a great time. :cool1:
I have to work that day too, but if I decide to go I'll just see if I can get someone to cover my shift

bzzelady said:
I have worked at Geisinger for the past 18 years...currently a nurse in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. We are lucky to have such a large, city-type hospital in such a rural area.
I'm glad to hear that you had such a good experience at GMC!

When I was out of town and had DS at Geisinger I didn't have any of the things with me for having a baby because we lived close to four hours away.
Anyway, someone in DH family (since his whole family was there for the wedding too), bought DH a Gund stuffed dog from the gift shop at Geisinger. It turned out to be his first stuffed animal that he STILL sleeps with at almost 15. I still picture how small he looked lying next to it in his basinet at the hospital. When DD was born 1 year and 2 1/2 weeks later at Chester County Hospital (where DS was supposed to be born), I didn't feel the same warmth that I felt from hospital as I did at Geisinger. Anyone who goes there is lucky.

but if I decide to go I'll just see if I can get someone to cover my shift
Are you a nurse bpmorley ?
I will try and get someone to cover my shift as well.......but that's gonna be a snowball's chance in hell. Everyone is taking their summer vacations. As it is, summer/holidays are extremely difficult to find people to work for you at the hospital I work. It's like pulling teeth because of the competition for time off. We have to work every other weekend (or every 3rd weekend if we're on the 12 hours shifts) and they only allow us 1 weekend off per year. My weekend off is in August to go to WDW. So it's either go to WDW or the meet. I wish I didn't have to choose. Hope you find someone to work for you :cool1:

I thought about going to the Allentown Dismeet this year, but, we do an annual picnic on that weekend every year.

MiaSRN62 said:
Are you a nurse bpmorley ?
I will try and get someone to cover my shift as well.......but that's gonna be a snowball's chance in hell. Everyone is taking their summer vacations. As it is, summer/holidays are extremely difficult to find people to work for you at the hospital I work. It's like pulling teeth because of the competition for time off. We have to work every other weekend (or every 3rd weekend if we're on the 12 hours shifts) and they only allow us 1 weekend off per year. My weekend off is in August to go to WDW. So it's either go to WDW or the meet. I wish I didn't have to choose. Hope you find someone to work for you :cool1:
No, I'm a fireman. I'll have to take a look at the rest of the platoons vacation schedules to see who would be available. Some days are easy to get and some are hard. I still really haven't made my mind up about the dismeet.
I won't be chatting for the next 9 days. I'll be @ WLV. Be safe all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter