DVC members: What is your family status?

What is your family status?

• SINK - Single with no kids

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • DINK - Couple with no kids

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • Single parent with children

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Married with children

Votes: 129 53.1%
  • Single with an "empty nest"

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Married with an "empty nest"

Votes: 61 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
It works even if you're single. My closest living relative is a first cousin to whom I haven't spoken in nearly 40 years. In 1992 when the purchase was made, it was just Mom and I. Mom passed 4 years ago. Since them, I've taken some solo trips, in studios and also some in a one bedroom (heavenly for a single person). Sometimes I take friends, like the last trip there were 16 of us in 2-2 bedrooms and a one bedroom.

Empty nesters here, but we take our adult DDs to WDW when possible, and the granddaughters are going to be make their first visit next year. :earsboy:

Married with 3 kids. bought in because of price for a room for a family of 5. now we take family with us. Love DVC. plan to spend a month in studios when we retire. Still have to break that news to the kids.

I was single when I bought DVC, now I'm partnered with a divorced dad with three teenaged sons. The kids aren't really into Disney, so maybe when they have kids we will all go!! DVC is great whatever your family status, and no matter how it might change.

Married with older kids when we bought. We lived in FL and the kids grew up as "Disney kids" so we were very familiar with Disney but didn't have the finances when they were young(er). We moved out of the state and found ourselves going back for vacation so it just made sense. We bought with the thought (excuse) of future grand kids!

We take the older kids, as well as other family members all the time and/or use as gifts or special occasions.

Well we are either married with kids or empty nesters. Our son Is away in college but we are planning a trip to WDW for New Years and he said he really wants to go with us. Yea! But for 9 months he is 1000 miles away in Atlanta away and it does feel very empty. Some parents tell me they can't wait to get the kids out of the house. Just not me.

But he s a Disney fanatic so I will pass n our points to him at some time.

Last edited:
Married with teenage sons (13 & 16) & also a grown son who's launched (can I get a hallelujah or an amen? lol) We bought into DVC while the oldest was in college, so he hasn't benefited in any way yet. :)

I picked Married with an empty nest. The kids moved out long ago, and I am a Grandpa.

Married "empty nesters". Bought DVC long after all our kids married and moved out. Have grandkids and treat them every year. Going next month with 2 daughters, their DHs and 1 grandson. Next year it will be oldest daughter, her DH and 5 kids.

DVC, it's a good thing. :)

I voted other. We are married with children, but they are 19 and 22. The older one lives at home, the younger one at school. But they are each taking a trip with us this year, and I can't at this point, imagine a time they wouldn't at least come with us occasionally.

AACCCKKKKK!! :crazy2: We just moved our only child to college to start his freshman year like 10 days ago so I picked "Married with Empty Nest". Still not used to him being gone…and it's hard to call it an empty nest when he'll be home on breaks & summers for awhile yet…and tagging along on our trips whenever he can...

Married, empty nesters here! Brought our family to WDW many times as well as our 1 GC.

We bought in 2001 when oldest child was just finishing college and youngest was 12, we also had a 3 month old grandson at that time. We added on in 2003. Our kids did travel with us early on.....but haven't in several years.....youngest did go with us to Disneyland/VGC in January, 2013...he was 23 at the time. We also took grandson, who was 11 at the time....he has also traveled with us just about every year to WDW since he's 2.....now is turning 14 next month.....becoming more difficult for him to travel with school and sports activities. BUT, now we also have 3 more grandchildren.......all princesses .......who will be turning 2 in November and December.......so I'm guessing kids and grandkids will be traveling with us again in the not too distant future!!! We've been enjoying at least one trip a year as empty nesters for the last several years and one with our grandson.....we're also retired now so we can (sort of) just decide it's time for a WDW visit.....as long as we can get accomodations...we're good to go......and we usually do get a 1 bdrm (which are the last to be booked) so we've had pretty good luck over the years getting what we want sometimes at 3 to 4 months out......although we tend to NOT travel during the busiest times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter