DVC Members-Tues. Night Free Admission to Pleasure Island

johnhan

Earning My Ears
I have heard that DVC members can get free admission to pleasure island on Tuesday nights. My understanding is that you have to attend a "block party" from 5-7.

We are going to be hitting the parks that day and don't want to attend the block party for 2 hours but do want to hit pleasure island for free that night.

Can we just show up about 5 for a few minutes and get free passes for later that evening?

Thanks

pirate:

Yes it really is true. They call it the "summer block party". Details are posted at the DVC member website. There is no mention about what time you need to be there to get the wristbands. I assume you get them when you check in & enter the "party".

I thought that admission to PI was free and that you only needed a ticket to enter the clubs? If we go to the block party and get the wrist bands, does this mean we will be able to enter all the clubs (Adventurers' Club, Comedy Club, etc.) for FREE? without another special club ticket?

Have the block parties started yet and has anyone gone to one yet? Please provide me detail about the block parties. Thanks!

barbnbrian said:
I thought that admission to PI was free and that you only needed a ticket to enter the clubs? If we go to the block party and get the wrist bands, does this mean we will be able to enter all the clubs (Adventurers' Club, Comedy Club, etc.) for FREE? without another special club ticket?

Have the block parties started yet and has anyone gone to one yet? Please provide me detail about the block parties. Thanks!

Yes if you attend the party you will get something (wristband, badge, not sure what) to get you into the clubs free of charge.

The first Member Block Party is today so hopefully we'll hear more about it this evening.

Do you just have to show your DVC member card or do you need to be staying on points (ie must your key say DVC)? We've go a cash ressie this time but are members and was wondering if we could still go to PI on Tues. for free?

I know it is only Wed. and last night was the first scheduled block party, but I am bumping this to see if anyone went and could post about it. Thanks so much. We are thinking of going when we arrive August 23, which is the last one, I believe. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter