DVC MEMBERS - A campaign for payment plan on Annual Passes

Autumngirl

Mouseketeer
So currently if you are a resident of FL or California, you have the option of making monthly payments on the purchase of an annual pass.
You make a downpayment equal to the cost of 1 park day and then the balance is spread over 11 months. (I've heard both sides of the argument, I'm just passing on the information). Another board had a post requesting that members write to member services to request this option.

Well, I wrote (as did others) I just got a phone call from The Member Satisfaction Group and it turns out that they have had an overwhelming amount of request for this "perk". He told me that currently, there are legal issues in FL and CA that only allow them to offer this to FL and CA residents and "they" (The powers that be at the Disney Corporation) are trying to work around it. He told me to tell everyone who wants this to write. The more members that request this option, the more likely it is to happen. So WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disn​eyvacationclub.com

We've sent a note as well. While we might not always use the payment plan, it should certainly be an option available to us.

Thanks for the heads up!

Legal Barriers? Those must have been recent as my husband and I have had Busch Tampa Annual Passes for about 12 years, and until recently Universal Season Passes that are/where both monthly installments. I would love to see an installment plan, but I'm not holding my breath.

More likely it will cost Disney to much to set up the management of such a program, as I am pretty sure if it was announced it would be pretty popular.

OR As with most installment plans the price DOESN'T increase (we pay the $7.98 a month for the Busch pass as its so old), Disney doesn't like the idea of not getting their $20 price increases in every year.

Or it could be both. I just wish they would answer the question honestly.

You may call me jaded, I prefer reality based. :)

Jennifer

Legal Barriers? Those must have been recent as my husband and I have had Busch Tampa Annual Passes for about 12 years, and until recently Universal Season Passes that are/where both monthly installments. I would love to see an installment plan, but I'm not holding my breath.

More likely it will cost Disney to much to set up the management of such a program, as I am pretty sure if it was announced it would be pretty popular.

OR As with most installment plans the price DOESN'T increase (we pay the $7.98 a month for the Busch pass as its so old), Disney doesn't like the idea of not getting their $20 price increases in every year.

Or it could be both. I just wish they would answer the question honestly.

You may call me jaded, I prefer reality based. :)

Jennifer

Unlike the other theme park operators monthly payment plans, Disney's ends when the pass expires. Renewals would be a the current rate in effect when the renewal was done. Renewals also don't require a downpayment. Disney's monthly payment plan (at least for WDW) is actually a retail installment contract and is administered by an outside company.

DVC Member Services just called me! I emailed them about this and they said they have been getting an overwhelming response from DVC members about this and they will be forwarding it over to their partners at Walt Disney World :goodvibes

I recently joined DVC :cheer2: and would LOVE to have this as an option. I have a family of 5 (three teens) and this would be quite helpful. I realize that I can save up $174.58 each month and be able to purchase these in a year's time, but the money always seems to go some place else first. (ie: braces, sports, clothes, etc.) I think it would help DVC sell more contracts and more AP for the Disney Co. Just look at all the stuff QVC and HSN sell because of the flex-pays they offer.

Great idea for a thread!! I emailed and got a call back also, I was shocked that they called. They told me they are currently working on something. Thanks to someone like you who started this thread and got so many people involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter