dvc member services and my cancer

newlife

Earning My Ears
as i am currently battling a relapse of my cancer, mantle cell lymphoma, i recently had to cancel a trip i had planned because of a setback in my treatments. it was close or past the time to cancel or even bank the points. i was treasted with total respect and consideration by who assisted me. he briefly mentioned that normally there would have been an issue with my canceling but due to my circumstances he took the time to give me my points back and wished me well various times. a relief as it was 149 points that i later on found out i could have lost.

yesterday i went to make reservations for September and those points disappeared when i tried to make the reservation. so i called member services and the person "cinnamon" took the time to help me and briefly mentioned that i was given a special consideration and that somehow the points were never sent over. within seconds there the points were and i got the reservation i wanted.

so thank you DVC member services again.

my recent tests revealed i am beating the cancer again so great news all around.

you often read how service has dropped, miserable cm's etec but not in my case. people still care about us

I think that most MS CM's care but they don't set policy or rules. I have found many to be friendly and eager to help when something comes up. Recently a CM agreed to un-bank some points due to a reservation cancelation due to illness, they were upbeat but their system was causing them some issues. They went to someone for help and when they got back on the phone they were down and said that they couldn't un-bank. Clearly a supervisor told them no.

:earsboy: Bill

I am so glad everything worked out. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery! I hope you have a truly magical trip!

Nice to hear there is still some MAGIC in, at least the DVC end of Disney.

NICE to read that you were treated well! :thumbsup2BEST wishes for a complete and speedy recovery!:cheer2::goodvibes

It's nice to hear that Disney worked it's magic for you, all the best with your treatment and have a lovely trip in September

Thanks for posting, newlife. I am happy to hear that you were given special consideration. And blessings to you as you continue on the road to remission.

We've been members for the last 5 years and have had great experiences with Member Services. Thanks for sharing this. There will always be situations where things don't go the direction you want, but overall, more often than not it's a pleasant experience.

And that's awesome that your illness is in remission! Blessing to your family!

Best wishes for a complete 100% recovery. Glad MS didn't let you down.

A couple of years ago I had a wonderful CM who helped me out when we had to cancel our long planned trip to VGC and Aulani at just 8 days out due to a medical emergency with my DS which left him unable to fly for 3 weeks. I was a wreck and she was extremely helpful and spent a long time helping me make new plans for us so we wouldn't loose the points. I had sooo many other things on my mind that day - primarily with DS who was having to get lung x-rays every 3 days and also with soooo many other things I had to cancel with the trip being so close (multiple flights with multiple airlines, excursions like surf lessons & Pearl Harbor, ADR's at DL, rental cars, airport transportation in CA etc.). I then had to make NEW plans as we switched to driving to FL instead. It was such a relief to have one thing just work out and "go right" that day.

A CM sent over a bag of goodies on our last trip. It was a Mickey bag filled with Mickey morsels (popcorn, trail mix, Rice Krispies, etc).

He just listened to me explain my situation and why we were making the trip ... And took the time to surprise me.

I think maybe that's why I love poly soooo much I'm considering adding on, but the direct prices are sooooo pricey!!

If they did this more often I betcha there would be more add ons. I'm so tempted despite our current single income restricted salary of a resident....

I am glad to hear that it all worked and especially happy to hear that you are once again beating cancer. Best wishes to you and enjoy your vacation.

I'm glad you had such a great experience with member services and that your prognosis is so good. Sending you wishes for good health.

We had a similar experience in 2014. My DH and I planned to go for our anniversary in October and had borrowed points to book 3 nights at a studio at GFV. Well my DH came down with a rare auto-immune disorder and spent the entire month of September in the hospital and the doctors said he shouldn't travel in October. When I called and explained the situation they cancelled the trip and restored all points to their original state. In the end we only will lose one point this April (banked in from previous year). Otherwise we still have all our points and we will be taking our new daughter to WDW this September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter