DVC Member PAP Special Pricing - Update Post 133

Chesire... What happens if the voucher is not activated by December 31,2013 :confused3

Will it then become activated and good until Dec 30,2014 or am I out of luck.:scared: We are planning a two week trip in the summer,2014 and won't be able to activate before that since our next few trips are already covered by the APs that we have now.

Chesire... What happens if the voucher is not activated by December 31,2013 :confused3

Will it then become activated and good until Dec 30,2014 or am I out of luck.:scared: We are planning a two week trip in the summer,2014 and won't be able to activate before that since our next few trips are already covered by the APs that we have now.

If you redeem your voucher on Dec. 31, 2013, it would be good until Dec. 31, 2014.

If you redeem your voucher on Dec. 31, 2013, it would be good until Dec. 31, 2014.

But what if by some chance I didn't redeem by December 31,2013 does it automatically get activated and good for one year..... or am I out of luck and could not use it at all in 2014:confused3

miprender said:
But what if by some chance I didn't redeem by December 31,2013 does it automatically get activated and good for one year..... or am I out of luck and could not use it at all in 2014:confused3

You could probably activate it later by paying the difference to full price (my guess). Its not going to be automatically activated on 12/31/13 (not a guess).

SO confused.

I am visiting in December. My current AP expires 12/05. Can I go to window on 11/30 (when I arrive) and upgrade to a PAP for no charge? (Knowing it will still expire in 5 days.)

you will receive a voucher that must be redeemed no later than December 31, 2013.

I would say it would void it out, but that is just my guess. The wording of "must" be redeemed no later that Dec. 31 is pretty clear.

WHOA! that's tempting! We weren't planning on a trip next year...buuuut.

I have four days left on a 10 day hopper no expiration. Could I put those tickets towards it? We are going in December. thanks

I have four days left on a 10 day hopper no expiration. Could I put those tickets towards it? We are going in December. thanks

No. You can only upgrade within 14 days of first use, No Expiration or not.

Finally DW and I are in the right place at the right time. We start our 'AP Year' this Oct 8 and have 28 days planned at WDW between then and Sept 2013. This PAP will be perfect for us. Yes it's an unexpected outlay of ~ $850, but then so was my car's A/C last month. We are so excited about being able to do a water park for a few hours, buzz over to Disney Quest, and still check out a park. No need to rush any location, or feel guilty about not getting our $$ worth.

We already have 2 sets of AP vouchers purchased at $893 for each set of 2, but this offer is just too good to pass on. We per-purchased the AP vouchers when bonus money was available, and as a hedge against future price increases. So now with our current long term vacation planning, we shouldn't need tickets again until 2018/2019, maybe longer if we do US/SW one cycle. And by then, I'll be ready to retire!! Just printed off copies of our previously purchased vouchers and email confirmations - they go into the safe deposit box tomorrow!!

For those who have posted that they already purchased their AP Vouchers, see if you can afford to buy the PAP's and plan on using the AP vouchers in the future. With the consistent 5 - 10% ticket price increases, your previously purchased AP vouchers will have a great ROR.

Please bare with me since I am not a WDW savy person. my family and I are DVC members and are going to WDW in Feb 2013. I can buy these vouchers this year and activate it for our Feb 2013, correct?

Please bare with me since I am not a WDW savy person. my family and I are DVC members and are going to WDW in Feb 2013. I can buy these vouchers this year and activate it for our Feb 2013, correct?

That is correct. The vouchers must be purchased by 12/31/12 and must be activated by 12/31/13. So, if you buy them this year and activate them in February 2013, you are good to go.

You are correct. The current AFS tickets all expire at 11:59:59pm on September 30 this year and have a value of zero in October 1. The new promotion cannot be activated (or sold at WDW) prior to October 1.

But you could get regular military-discount MYW passes that are at least three days and upgrade on/after October 1 using the regular upgrade rules.

Thanks for the info! That's what we'll do. :thumbsup2

Cheshire:

I have two 10 day MYW tickets I purchased through UT and they were less than $399. Will I get current gate price or what I paid? Do I have to use them once before I upgrade to the DVC PAP?

And, I have 2 ap vouchers. One I paid over $399 for...not sure what to do there, but the other is older and I paid $373 for. Will I receive credit for what I paid for that voucher...how will that one work?

Thanks for your help. Trying to figure out what to do.

Finally DW and I are in the right place at the right time. We start our 'AP Year' this Oct 8 and have 28 days planned at WDW between then and Sept 2013. This PAP will be perfect for us. Yes it's an unexpected outlay of ~ $850, but then so was my car's A/C last month. We are so excited about being able to do a water park for a few hours, buzz over to Disney Quest, and still check out a park. No need to rush any location, or feel guilty about not getting our $$ worth.

We already have 2 sets of AP vouchers purchased at $893 for each set of 2, but this offer is just too good to pass on. We per-purchased the AP vouchers when bonus money was available, and as a hedge against future price increases. So now with our current long term vacation planning, we shouldn't need tickets again until 2018/2019, maybe longer if we do US/SW one cycle. And by then, I'll be ready to retire!! Just printed off copies of our previously purchased vouchers and email confirmations - they go into the safe deposit box tomorrow!!

For those who have posted that they already purchased their AP Vouchers, see if you can afford to buy the PAP's and plan on using the AP vouchers in the future. With the consistent 5 - 10% ticket price increases, your previously purchased AP vouchers will have a great ROR.

my to-do list today included writing a 'presentation' to my DH explaining why we must buy these new tix, despite having a voucher and MYW tix ready to go for next round of tix and just paying off our January cruise:rolleyes1. I'll just cut & paste your rationale:thumbsup2. Don't suppose you've worked up a corresponding venn diagram?;)

I'm sorry to be a nudge, but I am still wondering (and can't get confirmation). If I arrive on 11/30/12 - can I take my existing DVC AP's (that expire 5 days later on 12/05/2012) and upgrade them to a PAP for my 5 day stay for NO money? I have 2 adult ap's and 2 children ap's. I honestly don't remember what I paid for them. But if I can upgrade them to PAP's for this next stay I'm excited. Any help is appreciated!:)

You could probably activate it later by paying the difference to full price (my guess). Its not going to be automatically activated on 12/31/13 (not a guess).

you will receive a voucher that must be redeemed no later than December 31, 2013.

I would say it would void it out, but that is just my guess. The wording of "must" be redeemed no later that Dec. 31 is pretty clear.

That's what I am afraid of so as tempting as it is I may have to restrain myself :lmao: unless I can convince hubby to squeeze in a trip in Nov 2013 so I can activate them:rolleyes1

Ok...I have my 8 day, hopper, expire after 14 days pass in hand...bought it from UT months ago, for my Dec trip. I was going to upgrade it to a DVC AP. So....I use it to get into a park, on my first day. Then, on my way out, I stop and upgrade it to the AP. But now??? I assume that works for the PAP as well?? Do I have this right??? Didn't think I was going twice this year, but that looks to have changed...so will get the PAP if I can.
BUT...if I used my hopper, for my trip, could I then upgrade it before leaving WDW? Or does it have to be done that first day?

Cheshire:

I have two 10 day MYW tickets I purchased through UT and they were less than $399. Will I get current gate price or what I paid? Do I have to use them once before I upgrade to the DVC PAP?
Yes. See Post #7 and Post #18-C of the sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this forum.

And, I have 2 ap vouchers. One I paid over $399 for...not sure what to do there, but the other is older and I paid $373 for. Will I receive credit for what I paid for that voucher...how will that one work?

Thanks for your help. Trying to figure out what to do.
A regular AP voucher is valid until used. You should be to use them, although normally no refund will be given.

I'm sorry to be a nudge, but I am still wondering (and can't get confirmation). If I arrive on 11/30/12 - can I take my existing DVC AP's (that expire 5 days later on 12/05/2012) and upgrade them to a PAP for my 5 day stay for NO money? I have 2 adult ap's and 2 children ap's. I honestly don't remember what I paid for them. But if I can upgrade them to PAP's for this next stay I'm excited. Any help is appreciated!:)
You should be able to do this. Of course these will still expire on December 5, 2012.

Ok...I have my 8 day, hopper, expire after 14 days pass in hand...bought it from UT months ago, for my Dec trip. I was going to upgrade it to a DVC AP. So....I use it to get into a park, on my first day. Then, on my way out, I stop and upgrade it to the AP. But now??? I assume that works for the PAP as well?? Do I have this right??? Didn't think I was going twice this year, but that looks to have changed...so will get the PAP if I can.
BUT...if I used my hopper, for my trip, could I then upgrade it before leaving WDW? Or does it have to be done that first day?
As in Post #7 of the sticky, it is best to do an upgrade early in the trip as it will give you all AP benefits immediately. And Post #18-C will also help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter