DVC member night at Splitsville

DVCTigger

DIS Veteran
I would love to hear about anyone's experience at this member event. DH and I are planning on trying this out on our upcoming trip. Did you enjoy this? We're you able to choose your food from the main menu or was there a special menu for this? Signature drinks alcoholic or just soda? TIA for any insight!

According to DVC people love it, according to several posts, it is just okay.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm curious too. I'd love to hear from someone who has done it. We aren't bowlers, but it looks like it could be fun.

From what I remember from other posts, the lanes are booked by Disney and 10 people share. You get food and drink but there was some confusion on the food. Hopefully those issues have been ironed out. You get a gift as part of the package booking, a hand towel was the gift posted.

Some thought that it was overpriced for what you got, others thought the price was acceptable, some didn't like the gift, some didn't like having to be in a group with strangers, others didn't mind it.

The cost was more than if you just bowled and paid out of pocket.

Thanks for this info. I would still like to hear from someone who has done this. DH really wants to do this, I would rather just go and do it on our own. We have TiW, so between that and ordering what we want and having our own lane, I would be happier doing this on our own time. Seems expensive and the other DVC events haven't had high praise......still a little curious.

We did it last year and had a ton of fun. Tons of food etc and were prizes for high scores. Service was also good. Little pricey but was worth it to us four.

I would love to hear about this as well. We are also considering doing this.

We did the Splitsville DVC event last April. Overall, we all really enjoyed it. Our group of 4 had our own lane, but were very close to the family on the adjoining lane. We each got to order an entree from the menu and I believe we split two appetizers. We ordered the refillable mugs, but the adults could have ordered beer or wine. We were not given the free socks or any other DVC "gift".

I am glad we did it once, but probably would not repeat it. Last month we had virtually the same "package" at our local bowling alley (pizza, soda, shoes, all you could bowl in 2 hours for the four of us) for less than we paid for ONE person at Splitsville. Like a salon experience, or tubing at the Contemporary, I think its one of those things that we would just do locally if we get the urge.

My partner and I did this about a year ago. It was just the two of us and we were put in a lane with a nice family (mom, dad, adult son) from the Northeast. We had a great time. Was it worth it, probably not from a pure financial standpoint, but it was fun. We got to order off the menu, but I didnt like the food really. We got adult drinks (one each I think). Our free gift was the socks. Like I said, if you are looking for an experience, I think this is a good option to try. If you just want to bowl - do it on your own.

DH and I did this on our current trip. We thought it was a fantastic deal. Considering a normal nice dinner for us two with alcohol is $100 min. So $47/pp with bowling is a great deal. Our gift was socks and then we got a coupon for a free Tshirt in their gift shop. We can't wait to do it again!
We saved even more by using our credit card points to "erase the purchase". We would do it even if we didn't use our cc points.

Just got off the phone with Splitsville and an amazing "cast" member Kylie.

For Apps it is one per two people, and they usually round in favor of the guest, for dinner it is the entire menu, minus the "Entrees" Section(Pulled Pork, Mahi Mahi with Voodoo Shrimp, Fish N CHIPS, Crilled Salmon, Steak Alfredo (($5 Upcharge))), Kids get choice of beverage including ICEE or FreeStyle Cup, and Adults can get FreeStyle Cup, 1 Beer or 1 glass of wine (other beverages may be available I didn't chat much with her about this)

DVC Socks should be included as well as other giveaways and surprises...

We decided to give this night a try after a fantastic meal there last year!

We did it in October 2014, it was a great opportunity to spend some quality time with our grandson, who at age 9 is already an accomplished bowler, and his parents who also bowl. According to my son in law, the lanes aren't the greatest for a serious bowler, but grandpa and I didn't care about that. We enjoyed the food, had a good time interacting with the group next to us, and each got a cool pair of socks out of the deal. It was fun that the staff had us do little "competitions" for prizes with the adjoining group. I didn't care what it cost and I didn't pay too much attention because this was a special treat to do something our grandson would particularly enjoy, and at that, it was a success! :-)

We did it in October 2014, it was a great opportunity to spend some quality time with our grandson, who at age 9 is already an accomplished bowler, and his parents who also bowl. According to my son in law, the lanes aren't the greatest for a serious bowler, but grandpa and I didn't care about that. We enjoyed the food, had a good time interacting with the group next to us, and each got a cool pair of socks out of the deal. It was fun that the staff had us do little "competitions" for prizes with the adjoining group. I didn't care what it cost and I didn't pay too much attention because this was a special treat to do something our grandson would particularly enjoy, and at that, it was a success! :-)

As long as you feel that the cost was worth it, that's all that matters.

I try to post for the benefit of readers who may not realize that Disney makes a profit from these events and that the price really isn't discounted because you are a DVC member.

In fact, DVC member can pay more compared to just doing the event yourself and not booking through DVC.

We did this 2 weeks ago and had a great time!!!! Would do it again. There was just my family (3 people) in our lane. The whole first floor was DVC members. Each family had their own lane. We got two appetizers since we had 3 people. The food was good. We each got the socks and won some prizes for most gutter balls :). Here are a few pictures from my phone. If you have specific questions just let me know. I would be happy to answer them!!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

We did this 2 weeks ago and had a great time!!!! Would do it again. There was just my family (3 people) in our lane. The whole first floor was DVC members. Each family had their own lane. We got two appetizers since we had 3 people. The food was good. We each got the socks and won some prizes for most gutter balls :). Here are a few pictures from my phone. If you have specific questions just let me know. I would be happy to answer them!!!

View attachment 78741 View attachment 78742 View attachment 78743 View attachment 78744 View attachment 78745

For the price you paid, what made booking through DVC worth it?

For the price you paid, what made booking through DVC worth it?

Honestly, I didn't do a price comparison. It looked like a fun thing to do and had seen others compare prices and there wasn't a huge difference. So I looked real quick and did a quick add up. Food totaled 77.85 (minus tax/tip/alcohol) and 60 dollars to bowl for 1 hr 15 minutes (dvc event was 1 hour 45 minutes) so roughly 135.00 for the 3 of us. DVC charges 132 plus tax. So really not much of a difference. To me and my family it was worth it because we had a blast and met a really nice family in the lane next to us. Our kids had lots of fun together.

My wife and I just did this while we were at Disney at the beginning of the month. We enjoyed it. We did i as a date night and thought it might be a nice way to meet other members. as it turned out there was just the two of us using the lane (another couple was at the the lane beside us). We are by no means professional bowlers as our scores showed but we had a great time. As far as we were concerned for dinner and 2 hours of bowling it was money well spent. oh and an interesting pair of socks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter