• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Member Cruise

One more question (never done one) - as far as booking window for excursions and such is that still tied to your Castaway Club status or something else? I believe I read you pay for the entire fare upfront correct?

Yes, it's tied to your CC status. Lots of Platinum folks book DVC Member cruises so slim pickings on Palo sometimes but always check when you get onboard.
You must pay in full when booking the cruise.

@lundve If you search on DVC Member Cruise in this forum you'll find a few threads about what to expect on a MC. There's a MC in Aug 2020 to Alaska, but think it's sold out. The next MC is scheduled for June 2021 with sign-up this summer.

Thanks I will look more. I have learned a lot about them already but just had a couple booking questions.

Also, be aware that if a cruise that was booked on points is cancelled, the points remain reservation points and cannot be banked or used for a DVC booking.

Bring an empty suitcase with you. We received "gifts" every day. Sometimes one per room but mostly one per person. Did the May 2019 West Coast Members Cruise (San Diego to Vancouver). Great time and met so many on this chat. Anyway, we received blankets, lots of artwork, books, packing cubes, small duffle and backpacks (not nearly big enough for all the "stuff"), plus much more that I can't recall (gave most away as Xmas presents last year).

Bring an empty suitcase with you. We received "gifts" every day. Sometimes one per room but mostly one per person. Did the May 2019 West Coast Members Cruise (San Diego to Vancouver). Great time and met so many on this chat. Anyway, we received blankets, lots of artwork, books, packing cubes, small duffle and backpacks (not nearly big enough for all the "stuff"), plus much more that I can't recall (gave most away as Xmas presents last year).
That MC was especially Wonderful! (Met you & your DH at breakfast with mine too!)
Some of us did the ABD in conjunction and received even more gifts.

It‘s the memories, more than the gifts, that make a DVC MC extra special, more than just a DCL Cruise.

That MC was especially Wonderful! (Met you & your DH at breakfast with mine too!)
Some of us did the ABD in conjunction and received even more gifts.

It‘s the memories, more than the gifts, that make a DVC MC extra special, more than just a DCL Cruise.

But, it is the daily gifts that make the higher price worth it, IMO. Also, I haven't sailed on a MC since 2008, are gratuities still included? Can you tell I am thinking about this next one? LOL

But, it is the daily gifts that make the higher price worth it, IMO. Also, I haven't sailed on a MC since 2008, are gratuities still included? Can you tell I am thinking about this next one? LOL
Gratuities are included.
There are some of the daily gifts that I keep and use. I am retired, and have a reading room in my house that I have decorated with many of the gifts. This was from our first DVC MC....2005.

This is something I won, (many people won a sketch) on another DVC MC. The friend I went with won Jiminy Cricket.

With all of my other cruises being cancelled, I'm more seriously considering the 2021 member cruise. Do you think if Alaska 2020 is cancelled, those guests have first dibs on the 2021 cruise, which I would be okay with. Just wondering if I should start getting my heart set on another trip that might not happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter