DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!!!!! It's finally THIS YEAR is our cruise!!! Can't wait!

Hello, we are going on our 5th Disney cruise but our first members cruise. It will be me and my DH, ages 50 and 55. We would like to participate in the adult only FE exchange.
thank you, Christy.

Hello, we are going on our 5th Disney cruise but our first members cruise. It will be me and my DH, ages 50 and 55. We would like to participate in the adult only FE exchange.
thank you, Christy.

Welcome Aboard Christy. I've added you to the FE group and the first page here. I also sent you an email.

Hi! We are off the Wonder from my Birthday cruise! One exciting happening was on Wednesday, a Sea Day. Captain stopped the ship to assist a small vessel in distress! We stood by them for about an hour while the Coast Guard came to take over. The passengers of the small vessel, about 5 of them, did not board our ship, it was a matter of getting help for them. I do not know and more specific info.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Hi! We are off the Wonder from my Birthday cruise! One exciting happening was on Wednesday, a Sea Day. Captain stopped the ship to assist a small vessel in distress! We stood by them for about an hour while the Coast Guard came to take over. The passengers of the small vessel, about 5 of them, did not board our ship, it was a matter of getting help for them. I do not know and more specific info.

Bobbi, Happy Birthday. What a great place to spend it. So nice that Disney ships will stop to assist a smaller vessel in distress.

Bobbi, Happy Birthday. What a great place to spend it. So nice that Disney ships will stop to assist a smaller vessel in distress.
The captain said it is Maritime Law...you must help. Still it was such a small boat, how lucky we were "there."

8 degrees as we landed in Ohio. Reality hits us, it is winter!

Bobbi:rotfl:

WOW! GREAT for the Disney passenger that spotted the Royal Caribbean passenger!:):woohoo: HOW SCARY! Hope that he is OKAY!!!!:thumbsup2

Just read this on another Dis thread...Sorry don't know how to attach the article....

So my question is why didn't the RC ship have the "passenger overboard" warning system that the article referred to?:confused3

Anyone know if the Disney ships have this special "passenger overboard" warning system????:confused3

VERY GLAD that the passenger was rescued!:woohoo::dance3:

Thank you, Jerseygal!

We're also planning a "pre-Christmas" WDW trip for this year. DH & I will spend a few days in WDW with my Cuz, then the Dec 13 Magic Cruise to see how DCL decorates for Christmas. We want to stay at VWL. How about you?

Thank you, Jerseygal!

We're also planning a "pre-Christmas" WDW trip for this year. DH & I will spend a few days in WDW with my Cuz, then the Dec 13 Magic Cruise to see how DCL decorates for Christmas. We want to stay at VWL. How about you?

Sounds GREAT! :thumbsup2Still planning, but hoping to do a split stay either BCV or BWV 2nights and I am intrigued by Poly...We'll see! Just have to do Candlelight Processional again; LOVED it SO MUCH!:santa: Hoping though in '15 that the nights will not COLD....The only downside of CP this past Dec was that it was SO COLD that evening...Levar Burton was VERY GOOD!:dance3: At the end of the show, he spoke so genuinely about the beauty of the holiday season and the beauty of family.:)

Happy Birthday Bobbi! I hope you had a Great time on your cruise! Shame it is so cold at home. I can't wait for winter to be over - I hate the cold! Calling for warmer temps here in a couple of days! Can't wait.

Been working on looking for a rental car - I convinced DH to Fly for our cruise! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be able to book airfare soon - so thought I better start looking for a rental! So glad we are flying. Wish the drive was shorter - then I wouldn't mind it so much. Now to convince him we need to buy annual passes - may have to wait a bit to start on that one! I currently have found a couple of rentals - but the prices are still a bit high - seems the best deals right now are with Costco Travel and Alamo in case anyone is interested.

Is anyone looking into getting a piece of the Poly? I thought I wanted a piece of that until they did it - Now not so much. No 1 bedrooms and the dues seem a bit high to me - and the points per night are a bit high for what you are getting - so think I will let this one pass. I can just book me a little stay there later. Can't beat the view - it is very pretty. Just my opinion. Just wondering if anyone was getting some - I do love the Poly - just wish they would have done it a bit different.

Off to fix dinner - Hope everyone is doing well.
Lynn

Hello from the Windy City. My husband, Larry and I are looking forward to our first member cruise. I was on the phone for about 1 hour while sailing in the Mediterranean in June to get reservations. We would like to partake in the FE Adult Group and be part of the Meet and Greet and any Pre-Cruise Festivities. We come in Sunday, August 23 in the earlier morning and we're staying at Animal Kingdom.

For the FE Group:
Dis Board Name: Allyse
Names: Deanne and Larry Korenchan
State Room: 2016

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks, Deanne

Hello from the Windy City. My husband, Larry and I are looking forward to our first member cruise. I was on the phone for about 1 hour while sailing in the Mediterranean in June to get reservations. We would like to partake in the FE Adult Group and be part of the Meet and Greet and any Pre-Cruise Festivities. We come in Sunday, August 23 in the earlier morning and we're staying at Animal Kingdom.

For the FE Group:
Dis Board Name: Allyse
Names: Deanne and Larry Korenchan
State Room: 2016

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks, Deanne

:welcome:

That was determination for sure on your part! We were traveling too, but by car through Maryland en route to the Smokies when I was calling.

As far as buying at the Poly, I doubt that we will, but I definitely want to stay there before deciding.

We recently cancelled the upcoming EBTA cruise. I am hoping for a knee replacement and was concerned I would not be fully ready to walk around Paris. There is so much I want to see there. So, this is our next DCL cruise and it makes me look forward to it even more!

Anyone else interested in the Candy Exchange?

We are staying at VWL for a few nights before the cruise. We are thinking we just may try to book a studio at the Poly. It would be easy to get to TOWL to meet up with others for a meet the night before.

Anyone else thinking of the Poly?

First cruise for the whole family will be this August Member Cruise! Really looking forward to it, though I think we will skip the FE. It will be crazy enough trying to get prepped for this trip. We will be bookending this one with a WDW visit also.

First cruise for the whole family will be this August Member Cruise! Really looking forward to it, though I think we will skip the FE. It will be crazy enough trying to get prepped for this trip. We will be bookending this one with a WDW visit also.

Welcome aboard!!!

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter