DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

do we need to bring passports on the cruise?
This is a closed loop cruise (departs and returns to the US). IF an emergency arose though, we might have to stop elsewhere and a passport is a very valuable thing to have if that emergency involves your family. I personally never travel without one now. Too many 'what ifs'

Pat answered, and I copied this from wdwforgrownups:

It's important to remember that if you are traveling abroad from your home you are subject to the laws and customs of the country you are visiting. Contrary to popular belief, the Disney Cruise Line is not a little piece of America at sea. The Disney Cruise Line ships are flagged in the Bahamas, while on board you will be subject to Bahamian and International Maritime Law, as well as those laws of the country where you are in port.

passport.png
Do I Need A Passport For A Disney Cruise?

For U.S. citizens a passport is not required for travel on closed loop cruises (a closed loop cruise is one that that both departs from and returns to a U.S. port). Exact identification requirements for all travelers sailing onboard the Disney Cruise Line can be found at the Passport & Documentation Page on the DCL website. However, if any sort of emergency were to occur while overseas, you would not be allowed to fly home without one. That is true whether the unlikely event is one where the ship is at fault, or a personal or medical emergency. All air travel into the U.S. from foreign countries requires a valid book-style passport. Therefore, both the Disney Cruise Line and I highly recommend that guests of all ages traveling onboard DCL have a valid passport to offer an extra level of security while visiting overseas.

Passport Cards may be used as identification cards. However, like any other state issued ID, they can not be used to fly home in an emergency from any foreign port. Therefore, optimum choice is to have a book-style passport book.

My husband Brian and I will be making the cruise. It's our second DVC member cruise (loved the first one!) and our fifth cruise on DCL. We would be interested in an adult FE but I can't see where to PM you, Patty. As you can guess, I'm an RN, too.

My husband Brian and I will be making the cruise. It's our second DVC member cruise (loved the first one!) and our fifth cruise on DCL. We would be interested in an adult FE but I can't see where to PM you, Patty. As you can guess, I'm an RN, too.

You need 10 posts here, and then you'll be able to start a "conversation." That what they now call private messages.

This is my husband's second MC, it is my 4th!

Susan, You can just post Hi five more times (individual posts) and you'll be at 10 and then you send sent me a pm. To send a pm, hover over my pug photo and you should see a link to 'start a conversation with pjstevens' Hope this helps.

Pat answered, and I copied this from wdwforgrownups:

It's important to remember that if you are traveling abroad from your home you are subject to the laws and customs of the country you are visiting. Contrary to popular belief, the Disney Cruise Line is not a little piece of America at sea. The Disney Cruise Line ships are flagged in the Bahamas, while on board you will be subject to Bahamian and International Maritime Law, as well as those laws of the country where you are in port.

passport.png
Do I Need A Passport For A Disney Cruise?

For U.S. citizens a passport is not required for travel on closed loop cruises (a closed loop cruise is one that that both departs from and returns to a U.S. port). Exact identification requirements for all travelers sailing onboard the Disney Cruise Line can be found at the Passport & Documentation Page on the DCL website. However, if any sort of emergency were to occur while overseas, you would not be allowed to fly home without one. That is true whether the unlikely event is one where the ship is at fault, or a personal or medical emergency. All air travel into the U.S. from foreign countries requires a valid book-style passport. Therefore, both the Disney Cruise Line and I highly recommend that guests of all ages traveling onboard DCL have a valid passport to offer an extra level of security while visiting overseas.

Passport Cards may be used as identification cards. However, like any other state issued ID, they can not be used to fly home in an emergency from any foreign port. Therefore, optimum choice is to have a book-style passport book.
Also, we were told by the person processing our passports to make a copy of your birth certificate (don't take the certified one!). Also make a copy of your id page of your passport and med insurance card, then put then in a safe place in your cabin. If your passport is lost, the copy will help authorities secure you passage back home. It is suggested you take the birth cert and insurance copies w you on excursions. Any med emergencies or missed return time, these docs can help in a pinch.
Because our kids were under 13, it was suggested we get them the cards as a cheaper option while we got the full passport. Kids passports expire every 5years, while over 16 expire every 10. Having the docs can help get minors home in an emergency while not breaking the bank filing for full passports.

94 days until we cruise!
So excited! My inlaws are coming today so I can start filling grammy in on routines and she can see how we handle daily school routines. My bro in law & his wife are moving back to FL so we get to see them on our trip. Hubby is job hunting so we may even be making a move before the cruise. Amazing how things can change in 3 months!

Hey Everyone!
I have been so busy and have been off the boards all week! I just don't know where the time goes! I get to try and book my Palo Brunch Monday Night at Midnight (Tue Morning) - Wish me luck!!! If not - I will try and get one when I get on the ship. That is the only thing I am booking.
Not doing much this week-end= they are calling for rain off and on all week-end. What is everyone else doing this week-end? Hope everyone is doing well!
Won't be long now!!!!
Lynn

Hey Everyone!
I have been so busy and have been off the boards all week! I just don't know where the time goes! I get to try and book my Palo Brunch Monday Night at Midnight (Tue Morning) - Wish me luck!!! If not - I will try and get one when I get on the ship. That is the only thing I am booking.
Not doing much this week-end= they are calling for rain off and on all week-end. What is everyone else doing this week-end? Hope everyone is doing well!
Won't be long now!!!!
Lynn

Hi Lynn! I hope you get Palo Brunch! pixiedust:

We are enjoying a mostly quiet weekend in Cape May. I would like to get to Cape May Point SP. My sister and her friends went there yesterday and had fun watching Dolphins frolic in the surf! It feels good to be able to move around a bit. I still need pain meds and ice for my knees.

There is some interest in our Ohio house. Maybe some negotiations will be successful. If not, we are considering abandoning our plans to be snowbirds. If I'm able to negotiate stairs, the need for a single level main home is lessened.

Our weather is beautiful, sunshine and breezy. Not many folks are in the ocean which is about 60 degrees F.

Bobbi

Hey Everyone!
Won't be long now!!!!
Lynn

Lynn, I hope you get Palo brunch also. There were still some available the second CC day. I held a six mile training walk yesterday. I am a training walk leader for the 3Day for the Cure. I help train others to walk 60 miles over three days. I'm also working evening shift this weekend, right into midnights starting Monday evening. I didn't look closely at this schedule so I'm working seven days straight! Crazy busy. It is beautiful here, sunny, breezy but supposed to be getting hot again.

Hi Lynn! I hope you get Palo Brunch! pixiedust:

We are enjoying a mostly quiet weekend in Cape May. I would like to get to Cape May Point SP. My sister and her friends went there yesterday and had fun watching Dolphins frolic in the surf! It feels good to be able to move around a bit. I still need pain meds and ice for my knees.

There is some interest in our Ohio house. Maybe some negotiations will be successful. If not, we are considering abandoning our plans to be snowbirds. If I'm able to negotiate stairs, the need for a single level main home is lessened.

Our weather is beautiful, sunshine and breezy. Not many folks are in the ocean which is about 60 degrees F.

Bobbi

Bobbi, How are you getting around? Walker? Are you still doing therapy? I hope the interest in your Ohio home pans out, but sounds like you are ok if it does not. I don't know how people can be in the ocean at that temp (but my daughter would be if she were there). Dale & I took a day trip to OCNJ on May 7th, it was so hazy/foggy you couldn't see the beach (heard it had been quite warm before that day). We just go down for some boardwalk time, some lunch and bring home some goodies (fudge, lol).

I use a walker, and I have PT 4 more times between now and June 5th when I see my surgeon. After I see him, I hope to get another script for PT. Since I used a walker or a cane for walking for at least 6-9 months before the surgery, I think I need some help for letting go of a walking aid. I walk a few steps in the house, but I don't feel all that confident when I am not holding on to something.

My personal shore treats are salt water taffy and molasses paddles. Tom and the rest of our family, grand children included prefer fudge. Then there are the Philly style soft pretzels...yum!

My cruise special treats are Mickey Bars. I rarely order a dessert in a main dining room that is not a Mickey Bar!

Bobbi:mickeybar

By the way, if anyone here feels the need to come to the shore for a day, we would love to meet and host you for the day! Post here or in a conversation!

By the way, if anyone here feels the need to come to the shore for a day, we would love to meet and host you for the day! Post here or in a conversation!

Bobbi, I will definitely keep you posted if/when we take another trip down. Would love to meet up before the cruise.

I use a walker, and I have PT 4 more times between now and June 5th when I see my surgeon. After I see him, I hope to get another script for PT. Since I used a walker or a cane for walking for at least 6-9 months before the surgery, I think I need some help for letting go of a walking aid. I walk a few steps in the house, but I don't feel all that confident when I am not holding on to something.

My personal shore treats are salt water taffy and molasses paddles. Tom and the rest of our family, grand children included prefer fudge. Then there are the Philly style soft pretzels...yum!

My cruise special treats are Mickey Bars. I rarely order a dessert in a main dining room that is not a Mickey Bar!

Bobbi:mickeybar

Oh, I love Mickey pops too!!!! I've order Mickey pops in the main dining room also :)

I'm sure it's just a confidence thing (the walker) since you were so used to it prior to surgery. I hope they can help you let go and gain the confidence to walk unaided if possible.

Got our registration done at midnight! We are doing a couples massage on our 1st day on CC, then the glass bottom boat tour on our 2nd day. We are trying to be very laid back about scheduling so we don't miss out on the special events. Also, its our vacay w/o our minions so we don't have to keep them constantly entertained. I never saw the pool last time! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter