• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Member Cruise 2021 - questions spinning through my head

Jkpark

DIS Veteran
So we are under a month away from the booking window where we would pay the entire cost up front. At this point we don't really know what cruising will look like next summer. I really want a cruise to look forward to but I don't know if I can stomach being out that much money for months for a trip that doesn't happen. I am still sad over not getting to cruise through Greece on the Magic this summer and it is made worse that I am still waiting on the refund from my airfare, which I paid last November.

Anyway - I would love to book this cruise. I have always wanted to try a Member Cruise. My kids who are growing up quickly have wanted to get back on the Fantasy for years. And I really need something to look forward to.

Any chance DVC will modify the up front cash requirements for this cruise? So hard to know if the extra cost is worth it when we don't know what the cruise experience will really be like.

Is anyone familiar with the cancellation policy on a Member Cruise? I would be doing all cash.

Do you think they are going to sell 50% cabins as this seems to be a strong possibility from the survey they sent out?

Will the "names" they bring on to a Member Cruise want to cruise next summer?

Will this uncertainty cause less people to book on August 8th, possibly allowing people to book later?

I'm not expecting answers to these questions, expect maybe the cancellation one, I was just more curious if other people are feeling this way and maybe just needed to get all of this out of my head. Thanks for listening!

I agree with what you're feeling, the uncertainty can become stressful too. I also want to cruise again, but I need a vaccine to feel comfortable to proceed in that direction. I wish I could predict the future, it would make planning so much easier, lol.

Any chance DVC will modify the up front cash requirements for this cruise?

Not a chance. They aren't set up to do it. This is a charter, so it doesn't use the standard DCL payment processes.

When Disney cancelled this year's member cruise, they automatically moved everyone to the 2022 member cruise, with an option to receive a refund, including reimbursement of any cash and/or the return of any Reservation Points used for your reservation. Points used stay as Reservation Points, and can't be brought back for RCI or DVC reservations, as I understand it.

If you're cancelling, based on changes or if you're concerned about cruising as the 2021 cruise approaches, my understanding is that they do still use the standard guidelines for cruises booked on DVC points: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...fy-or-cancel-a-reservation/disney-collection/

The rules vary by stateroom type; the rules for non-concierge would be those for a 6+ night cruise.

I think it would be prudent for them to postpone the booking date again. No one knows what cruising will be like less than a year out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter