DVC Member App

no I contacted Disney about this in January, they called me back said it was a great Idea and never heard anything again !

We just recently got a pretty decent DVC website and since our dues pays for everything, I don't expect a DVC smart phone app anytime soon.

:earsboy: Bill

We just recently got a pretty decent DVC website and since our dues pays for everything, I don't expect a DVC smart phone app anytime soon. :earsboy: Bill
Agreed but it would be nice to have an app but I don't see it any time soon either

They could charge a one time purchase price to help cover the cost. Just a thought.

They could charge a one time purchase price to help cover the cost. Just a thought.

The cost to develop the app and have it interface with the DVC data would be prohibitive, not enough buyers and not enough demand.

We have met DVCer's that don't use computers and don't like smart phones. We have even met some that don't know what banking or borrowing is.

At the last Merry Mixer we met a couple who had not used their points for several years, they just pay the dues and let the points expire. :scared1:

My point is that not everyone would benefit from an app.

I use "D Point" app for tracking points and checking on the points needed for a vacay. There are also buttons for "BVCnews" and "member.com" website. It works very well for me.

The cost to develop the app and have it interface with the DVC data would be prohibitive, not enough buyers and not enough demand.

We have met DVCer's that don't use computers and don't like smart phones. We have even met some that don't know what banking or borrowing is.

At the last Merry Mixer we met a couple who had not used their points for several years, they just pay the dues and let the points expire. :scared1:

My point is that not everyone would benefit from an app.

Geez Bill, did you give them your contact info so they could transfer those points to you if there were just going to let them expire?;)

Geez Bill, did you give them your contact info so they could transfer those points to you if there were just going to let them expire?;)

I offered to help them transfer their points and was told that transfers and renting sounded too complicated.

It's amazing what owners and the general public don't know or care to know about Disney and the DVC. I guess that's how Disney does so many direct sales.

I offered to help them transfer their points and was told that transfers and renting sounded too complicated. It's amazing what owners and the general public don't know or care to know about Disney and the DVC. I guess that's how Disney does so many direct sales. :earsboy: Bill[/

Too bad we can't convince them to fund the app. Lol! They don't mind paying for things & not using them.

I use "D Point" app for tracking points and checking on the points needed for a vacay. There are also buttons for "BVCnews" and "member.com" website. It works very well for me.

Thanks for sharing! I love this ap! I had no idea it existed!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter