DVC Meetings on Board?

poohj80

Got Hunny?
I have read that there are DVC meetings onboard. Does anyone know if these are more for current members or people looking to become members? Is there a members only meeting? Can anyone give me an idea of what kind of incentives are currently being offered onboard?

Thanks again for all the help!

The DVC presentations are for everyone. On our cruise (1/17/09) they had all sorts of incentives, rebate on points, on-board credit if you purchased so many (I think it was 150), enough extra points that year for a free cruise. I think they had 5 total...and you got them all. :cheer2:

We are already DVC members and went to try to win the shipboard credit they were giving away. We didn't win, but it was a fun presentation.

They do have a DVC Members gathering at the beginning of the cruise, that one if for members only but they are the only ones that get the invite and lots of cool "goodies" too!

If you have any questions about the membership do not hesitate to ask on the boards, there are a LOT of us out there! :cloud9:

Thanks so much! We are already members but considering adding on but wanted to wait to see what is offerred onboard.

You mentioned the members only is by invite only, but since we didn't book our cruise with points, will they know we are members or do I need to call and have them add it to our reservation?

We are not DVC owners. We attended a meeting on the Wonder Feb 5 or 6, can't remember. They offered a free cruise for 4 people (cat 9) if you purchased. There was a door prize of $300 OBC for attending.

We just got off the MAGIC yesterday and this is the incentive thery are currently running:

"$ 5.oo per point credit
PLUS
Add 100 points recieve a 3 night cruise for 4 people
Add 125 points receive a 4 night cruise for 4 people
Add 200 points receive a 7 night cruise for 4 people
AND
1 week RCI vacation

cruise incentive includes taxes and gratuites and the $95
exchange fee will be waived.

Feb. 7, 2009 sailing"

It may change, but that was right from the paper they gave us at the meetings and in our room last week.

Thanks so much! We are already members but considering adding on but wanted to wait to see what is offerred onboard.

You mentioned the members only is by invite only, but since we didn't book our cruise with points, will they know we are members or do I need to call and have them add it to our reservation?

They should know that you are members, the first night (when we got back from dinner) you'll receive some really cool DVC stuff (and you'll know before you open your door since the magnets will be on your door!). Inside was the invite (for Sunday on the Eastern), a captains log book (this was really cool), and lanyards for all in our party.

If you don't get them, just go to guest services and tell them you are DVC members (show them your card) and that you didn't receive the invite or anything else? They should take care of it for you. We booked through points, but I know that most don't and all DVC members get the same thing. We also got hats, pins, more magnets and some pins...we came home with TONS of DVC stuff - it was cool!!

I went to the last day of the DVC presentation on the Wonder. We are DVC members. I won the $300 on board credit...it is a drawing. I was SO SO excited. So by all means, go!

I don't tihnk they know you are a DVC member unless you book on points. I am also interested in knowing how to get it added to my reservation. Do I just call DCL and have them note it?

They know you are members even if you don't book on points. If you don't have a stateroom gift when you get to your cabin speak to the DVC desk.

We didn't have one and when we spoke to them they said they were running behind. We didn't search out the desk but when we ran across it we inquired. Apparently they had over 150 cabins of DVC members. They said it was the largest group they had in a long time and they were running behind with the gifts. Enjoy your cruise!

Oh and I won a lanyard with all the DVC pins on them. The people in front of us won the $500 OBC.

And yes, I caved and bought 160 points at BLT. But on a positive note, I'm already booked there for 2 nights before the cruise!!!!!

crossing fingers they still have a good cruise incentive when we go...

It is a long time from now but we did purchase our first points on the ship and got as our incentive, 150 extra one time use points made it easy to take another cruise!!!!

We just got off the MAGIC yesterday and this is the incentive thery are currently running:

"$ 5.oo per point credit
PLUS
Add 100 points recieve a 3 night cruise for 4 people
Add 125 points receive a 4 night cruise for 4 people
Add 200 points receive a 7 night cruise for 4 people
AND
1 week RCI vacation

cruise incentive includes taxes and gratuites and the $95
exchange fee will be waived.

Feb. 7, 2009 sailing"

I had misread this post before sailing. I thought all add-ons also received the RCI week, but it is only with a 200 pt add-on. We chose to add-on 125 at Bay Lake Towers so have another cruise in our future. ;)

...If you don't have a stateroom gift when you get to your cabin speak to the DVC desk...

Thanks for the tip!

On our cruise in Feb I saw DVC magnets on some of the doors and wondered why we didn't get one. I figured (incorrectly) that it was because they had booked with points. I guess we slipped through the cracks. Now I know where to go if they forget us again on the bounce-back in the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter