DVC master thread?

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
I am sure this is here somewhere, but can't find it. I thought it might even be a sticky. I just need to know the benefits/price of being a DVC member and maybe even how/why some prefer to rent points. Thx!

We have several DVC-related boards. I'm going to move your thread over to the Purchasing DVC board. :)

I just need to know the benefits/price of being a DVC member and maybe even how/why some prefer to rent points. Thx!

No definate answers here. There is a wealth of knowledge on these boards but it could take months to get through all of it. :)

Benefits and price vary. Depends on what resort you end up buying. Direct or resale? What benefits are you looking for? DVC will save you money if you usually stay at deluxe resorts or need more room vs renting 2 or more cash rooms. Perks of membership? These can and do change occasionally.

Some people prefer to rent points so they can try it out for themselves before they make a decision about buying. Some rent because they don't want to lock themselves into something they might not want the responsibility/dues payment for long term. You can rent points from members looking on the rent/trade boards. When you rent points you don't have control over your reservation, the member does and it takes a leap of faith for both parties to do this. If you as a renter should cancel last minute it puts the member in a bind as there are banking deadlines and holding accounts and availability issues.

Have fun with your research!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter