• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC JAMBA vrs Kidani which one

cavesrus

Mouseketeer
ok may have to make this choice tomorrow if BLT doesnt come though. so put it out there what you guys think

2 bedroom savannah view

wife and 2 kids 5 3/4 DD and 3 DD

Inlaws as well saying with us but they dont count lol im leaning towards JAMBA due to looks cool as you walk in from memory about 6 years ago?

Still pulling for BLT but wont know till tomorrow on available lost day today for nov 10th :(((

davids rental is who we r using

We like Jambo house the best. I tried Kidani once and it just did not have the same feel. I like the gift shop and restaurants in Jambo

Jambo!! Just got back from 6 nights. It was so wonderful!!!!!!! I cannot wait to go back!

I rented points but am planning to buy DVC with AKL my home resort. I don't wanna stay anywhere else! Pure awesomeness!

I saw kidani, not impressed and I didn't care for the location of the pool or that there was no quick service.

Kidani.

2BRs at Kidani have 3 bathrooms with a separate bathtub and shower. Where Jambo has only 2 bathrooms with a combined tub and shower.

Pool is better at Kidani. IMHO Great water gym area for the kids.

Yeah Jambo has quick service and Kidani doesn't....go to Jambo by walking, bus or shuttle.

Buses stop at Kidani first when going to the parks....except for the Downtown Disney bus.

Great community hall at Kidani. Love it better than the one at Jambo.

Savannah view rooms at Jambo are on the top two floors. At Kidani on any floor.

After staying in a villa at each, I personally am done with AKL, but if someone MADE me go back, I would do Kidani.

The lobby, to me, at Kidani is much prettier, and it's not as overwhelming to me. More intimate. They still have activities and the night-vision goggles, etc etc. If you want to visit the Jambo lobby you can walk, bus, or drive over easily.

Another vote for Jambo! We do like the kids water area a lot better at Kidani's, but just walking into the Jambo lobby was great. We were very unimpressed by Kidani's lobby.

We love Kidani. The pool is awesome. The extra bathroom is great. The only thing we like better about Jambo is the lobby but it is so easy to hop on the shuttle if we want to go over there

Kidani wins in my mind. Have stayed at both multiple times and I prefer Kidani. Don't care about not having quick service restaurant. I can always head over to Jambo very easily if I want to. The extra bathroom at Kidani cannot be beat, especially since my wife and I have two daughters.

I also prefer Kidani. The villa itself is nicer with the 3rd bathroom. When I feel the need to see the Jambo lobby in all its glory, it's a 7 minute walk from lobby to lobby.

I also like that the park buses stop first at Kidani.

Kidani - you have a full kitchen - so counter service is not necessary.

just order pre-made meals in your grocery deliver.

Kidani the villa are bigger, better organized, 3 bathrooms is definitely better than 2. Especially that master bath - Jambo house has no separate whirlpool tub and shower - just a combination - which does not work nearly as well.

now if you were going for a studio then Jambo House - but a 2-bedroom definitely Kidani.

you can go over to Jambo House if you want to eat at Boma or Jiko - but don't get something for your entire stay to try and impress - that never really works.

Loved the third full bath, less of a concern with your group. We also drove to the parks each day, and door to door at Kidiani (near zazu elevator), was maybe 2 minutes. Loved parking underneath the resort!

Much prefer the pool at Kindai, plus young kid playground/splash pad area. Slide is better. Pool bar is great (don't recall one at Jambo, but maybe it was there).

Haven't done a two bedroom, but we've done a one bedroom at Kidani and a one bedroom at Jambo and I much preferred Kidani! :thumbsup2 But I think its biggest drawback is its lack of quick service options. They have very limited offering at the pool and market. If quick service is important to your family I would definitely do Jambo. When we do villas we have groceries delivered so we never use the quick service anyway.

Kidani hands down. we were there last week at both Jambo and Kidani... we had lots of problems at Jambo, not one at Kidani.

the extra bathroom is great too.

the only downside to kidani is no quick service.

the busses pick you up first. :)

For your party size I would only consider Kidani from a space and bathroom point of view. We also prefer Kidani

For me? I love Kidani. I like Jambo House as well, but just love the feel of Kidani. BUT....for a group with kids, I think Jambo may be a better bet. You have Mara right there for those times when you just want to grab a quick bite to eat. That isn't possible at Kidani.
But, if not having a food court handy doesn't matter that much? CHoose Kidani. The pool area is to die for!!!!! And I love the views from Kidani better. But the walks to the villas can be longer!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter