DVC Inspired Decorating

Regina

<font color=teal>Maybe I’ll “accidentally” drop a
I always loved the Mickey Ear cutouts on the porch rails at OKW.

My DH is not a carpenter, but I convinced him to duplicate the ear effect on the wooden soffit that caps off the shelving in our family room.

Just wondering if there's something at your resort that you've had to have in your own home.:)

I love the whole feel of the rooms at BWV - so we are trying to capture that same feel at our lake cottage. We have the same pastels, white woodwork, and I even had my mother paint two pictures for the walls that are very similar to the ones in the BWV studio!

I've seen Disney paint in stores, I believe it was WalMart that had paints specific to Disney color mix and specifications. We plan to use those for the kids rooms.

Well, most of my home projects do look like the town on Thunder Mountain! :D

We haven't done much DVC decorating, but I did read a thread here (last week I think) where someone built a playhouse cabin in the back yard and decorated it like Wilderness Lodge. How cool would that be for a kid?

When we re-did our master bath, we made the shower like those in the OKW 1BR.

I sure wish the entire room was as large as at OKW!

did anyone see that not so hidden Mickey wrought iron glass topped patio table in the latest Disney catalog?

I'm not sure the Disney paint at Walmart went over that well. All of ours in on the clearance isle, and the paint display is gone. If you want some, you better hurry and get some. Erin

HOLD ME BACK!!

I went to Cracker Barrel today, and they had a section of items that look like they came from the Wilderness lodge. Rustic pieces decorated with metal pine trees/deer.

I may have found the inspiration to do some decorating in the style of my second "home" VWL.;)

Yes the mouse has taken over at our house during Christmas also!!! My DH made a cutout of Mickey's head out of plywood, then painted it white. It was about three feet high. We had purchased the projector with the halloween and christmas slides and projected the "Mickey Happy Holidays" slide. Then he had a spotlight on the cutout also. HMMMMMM We received lots of remarks from neighbors!!!!

I bought a print from the artist that did some of the paintings of OKW - - we still haven't framed it, but I really love it... looks just like one of the units...

Sue
ps - my pc is currently surrounded by McDonald's Disney toys...

Our master bedroom looks like it could be straight out of VWL. And after our new countertop goes in the kitchen (Tuesday) the kitchen will look the same. Not EXACT replicas, but the neutral outdoorsly lodge-y theme.

We've even got a hidden Mickey here and there as part of the decor, but I'm not telling where! :)

Right now we're formulating plans for the next "VWL" room!

We've got prints of our second homes, OKW and BWV, on the walls. Our tree at Christams looks like one big advertisement for Disney!

Our DDs' Saturday morning breakfasts include Mickey Waffles compliments of Daddy.

Yes, the Mouse has a prominent place in our house!

Not DVC but Disney..... Our X-mas tree has only Disney ornaments allowed on it. My daughters room is all Disney princesses, walls, sheets and comforter.

I will be puting up a new porch on my House this Spring and my wife and i talked about The OKW railings. Will be taking Measurements and pictures next week enev though we are staying at WLV will take a trip over to OKW.

We have Mickey hand and silhouette light switch plates, Mickey and Minnie draw pulls in our Kitchen, Mickey door bell and our
Jack Russell Terrier has a big Black Mickey Head on his side, as soon as we saw this when he was a puppy we had to have him.
Our vet also a DVC member flips out every time he sees him.

George

Oh Biermugg! A pooch with a Mickey spot! That is great.:D

When we had a front porch addition, we were tempted to make the OKW rails, but we decided against it. As it is, if we ever sell our house, the buyers will probably be thinking ":confused: :confused: " when they see how much Disney stuff we have around.

All of you have given me some great ideas. Now how to let the DH know that a little redecorating may be in order....;)

There is a DVC kiosk at the DD Marketplace (near "Team Mickey"). Next to the kisok is a white picket fence with Mickey tri-circle icons. I have always wanted to replicate this design if and when we put up a backyard fence. With all the other Disney-themed items in our house, I think DH might finally put his foot down on this one, though.

Dh and I are in the process of redoing our family room to Disney. We recently purchased some prints we liked from the Disney Gallery and purchased our first cell. We are still looking for ideas on what to do in terms of painting, border, carpet, tables, lamps, etc.

I can't wait till it is done!

Kamy :)

When we did our bathrooms over a few years ago, we went with a BWV theme in the upstairs and a PO-FQ in the downstairs. The BWV bath has white clapboard walls, pedestal sink, a white shelf near the ceiling with wood cutouts for support. (It has the feel of the BWV.) From eBay, I got a beach print (with old beach chairs) for the wall, assorted tin beach pails and an old tin toy carnival ride--all displayed on the shelf. I also purchased old postcards from Atlantic City. The POFQ bath (non-DVC, but still WDW!) has a claw foot tub, pedestal sink, jazz posters from several jazz festivals, old postcards (New Orleans), a figurine of a sax player. For our next project, the living room needs an update--WL! Furniture with in Indian print, moose lamps, etc. Can't wait to shop!

So, who has the bathtub soapdish from BWV? I would have bought one, but we have no counters in the bathroom!

We're renters w/ small kids so I'm holding off on any decorating until we own a house and can get new furniture w/o being uptight about the kids being kids...but it certainly will be DVC inspired. I want the VWL shower! It was definitely hard to leave DVC to return to our own place which hasn't had much improvent in furnishings since our college days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter