DVC in Epcot/HS area?

DVC has only sold about half of its points at the Polynesian and an expansion at Wilderness Lodge is under construction.

I would not expect another resort to come online for a minimum of 4-5 years. And there have been a number of rumors about where the next project will be. A few months ago, the hottest rumor involved building villas at Caribbean Beach. There was also some talk of an addition at the Contemporary.

I would not believe Caribbean Beach rumors. I would bet on the MK area resorts or another one at Disneyland. They learned from Saratoga Springs. Location matters most.

I would not believe Caribbean Beach rumors. I would bet on the MK area resorts or another one at Disneyland. They learned from Saratoga Springs. Location matters most.
DVC made a ton of $$$ at SSR. They didn't have to keep expanding with more sections, and add tree houses..

I think the CBR rumors have some credibility, whether it happens or not is unknown given that DVC has actually announced 2 resorts previously that never happened and has modified plans or put them on the back burner for 2 others that had leaked plans. As noted, the downside to DVD is very little as long as they can sell it. The lower demand and affect of the points on the system really isn't a concern to DVD (sales).

Keep in mind that the Caribbean Beach Resort area is very close to Epcot.

One DVC /CBR rumor has Disney building a new DVC structure on the land currently occupied by the Barbados and Martinique sections. That section of land is only about a quarter of a mile from the back side of Epcot's Africa Outpost section. If Disney were to build a walkway and/or waterway between CBR and Epcot, the distance would not be much further than the distance between Boardwalk Villas and the France Pavillon at Epcot.

If DVC were to build on the southern end of CBR, the distance between the new resort and the back side of Epcot would still only be about a kilometer. That parcel of land would also be less than a mile from the entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

All these distances assume that Disney would build additional walkways or waterways connecting CBR to the Parks, which would involve crossing Lake Buena Vista Drive or Victory Way. Although they could be built, the cost may be more than reasonable for the project.

We did the DVC tour last week and the guide made the comment I would not want the next one. I replied we really like the feel of CBR and the look she gave me was priceless. She replied that is only rumored, so there must be another one in the works once Copper Creek is complete. I do not like the galley kitchen in the new 2 bedrooms at WL. They just do not have the wow factor like AKL-K did or GF. So I guess I will not be buying direct yet. Would have bought Poly but without the 1 & 2 bedroom villas it was a deal breaker. I guess I will keep waiting until I find one I love before buying direct.

Buying a new resort is just crazy. You can buy them resale for next to nothing and stay at the resort with points until they sell out and then buy the resale new resort a few years down the road. I bought my BWV resale for 10k and it is worth 15k a decade later and I stay anywhere I want. Had I bought it from DVC, I would have paid 15k. New resorts are only worth buying if you want to stay on the key weeks of the year so you can use your 11 month option. There are always points available to buy from current owners. You can buy from the resort owner and sell your points. Point arbitrage is easy with the boards. Buying high priced new resorts is only for the uninformed. Buy at BC or BWV in the resale market and you will not regret it. I sell my points to others and have not had a lot of issues getting what they want 7 months out.

Keep in mind that the Caribbean Beach Resort area is very close to Epcot.

One DVC /CBR rumor has Disney building a new DVC structure on the land currently occupied by the Barbados and Martinique sections. That section of land is only about a quarter of a mile from the back side of Epcot's Africa Outpost section. If Disney were to build a walkway and/or waterway between CBR and Epcot, the distance would not be much further than the distance between Boardwalk Villas and the France Pavillon at Epcot.

If DVC were to build on the southern end of CBR, the distance between the new resort and the back side of Epcot would still only be about a kilometer. That parcel of land would also be less than a mile from the entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

All these distances assume that Disney would build additional walkways or waterways connecting CBR to the Parks, which would involve crossing Lake Buena Vista Drive or Victory Way. Although they could be built, the cost may be more than reasonable for the project.

There is the new cable car system that is going in from CBR to EPCOT Gateway Entrance/HS that can take care of moving people from CBR to the parks.

There is the new cable car system that is going in from CBR to EPCOT Gateway Entrance/HS that can take care of moving people from CBR to the parks.

That Gondola Skyway system is the one new thing that is supporting the possible DVC for the Carribean area. Disney has now submitted plans to build the Gondola Skyway and the plans show that there will be a station in the same area that would have the rumored DVC, and the system would run from there to both Epcot and Studios.

In addition, I don't see YC undergoing any conversion. They are planning to twilight the convention center at the Contemporary, and have recently upgraded the center at YC/BC/BW. While DVC is a happy little cash cow, so are conventions. They cannot kill the nearby capacity for conventioneers and keep that center filled (and the networking happy hours booked, and the catering engaged, and the AV uncharges flowing...).

They would need a piece of land to new build on. I'm unsure what the available chunks look like from a swamp perspective.

They can, however, tear down the old Contemporary convention center and build another tower there. I definitely see this in the next 10 years or so.

That Gondola Skyway system is the one new thing that is supporting the possible DVC for the Carribean area. Disney has now submitted plans to build the Gondola Skyway and the plans show that there will be a station in the same area that would have the rumored DVC, and the system would run from there to both Epcot and Studios.

When we were there last month, they had already "staked out" where the concrete supports are going.....we saw them while walking on the path from BWV to Hollywood Studios. I think it is going to be hideous. Hopefully they will have more CM's and entries at International Gateway at Epcot. It is quite frustrating sometimes when the lines don't seem to move at all and the lines are totally disorganized. I just don't see how this mode of moving people is a good idea. I don't like the idea of walking to Hollywood Studios with that big thing overhead. And what about lightening storms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter