DVC Hotel rooms ?

Shanna-like-Banana

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for info reguarding the 8 DVC Hotels rooms. I've tried looking in the big resort thread that has the layout map of all the different types of the DVC Rooms. There is a note in that thread that there isn't any info listed about the 8 DVC Hotels rooms because they are in the hotel wing of the resort.

Are the DVC Hotel rooms specific room numbers, or just 8 of all the regular hotel rooms are categorized for DVC (?)

I'm going to be renting from an owner and am wondering if I will be able to request connecting rooms for the ones we intend to rent, if that even is a thing. Of the hotel rooms are any of them a king connecting to the two queens or are they all two queens no matter what.

Just trying to get a feel for things. Thanks :)

They are specific units. They are all two queens, and I don't believe there are any connecting. Because there are so few they also don't take requests for them. You get whichever one was vacated that morning. They are all on the 5th floor of the Waianae side of Aulani. They face Guest Parking and are considered to be 'Standard' view.

Your odds of getting one, let alone two, even renting are very poor. One needs to be available for your check in day, and it needs to be booked very quickly. Because there are only 8 it is very common for none to be available on a given check in date, and if there are any available they are booked very quickly or even walked, a shady method DVC owners use to book units before the 11 month window opens.

Last edited:
They are specific units. They are all two queens, and I don't believe there are any connecting. Because there are so few they also don't take requests for them. You get whichever one was vacated that morning. They are all on the 5th floor of the Waianae side of Aulani. They face Guest Parking and are considered to be 'Standard' view.

Your odds of getting one, let alone two, even renting are very poor. One needs to be available for your check in day, and it needs to be booked very quickly. Because there are only 8 it is very common for none to be available on a given check in date, and if there are any available they are booked very quickly or even walked, a shady method DVC owners use to book units before the 11 month window opens.

Thank you for the honest reply and the info :)

We are working with an owner who owns at Aulani, so they have accessibility to book right at the 11 month mark.

I did give them three types of rental options we are aiming for, so there is a backup and a backup to the backup, I'm trying to keep my expectations real here

My next two choices are two standard studios and lastly a standard one bedroom

We're a family of 5, our kids 21,15&14 are going with us as well. We will be staying at Hale Koa for 5 nights prior in two hotel rooms, as our kids are not totally in love with sleeping on pull outs, but ...their being taken on this expensive trip...so

We rented points through David’s for a 3/3/20-3/14/20 stay in a DVC hotel room (not studio). We inquired prior to the 11-month window and an owner was able to secure the precise reservation we were seeking when the 11-month window opened. Our room view wasn’t bad—trees versus looking at an parking structure. After many WDW trips it was that stay which prompted us to buy DVC.

Availability is bad across all of DVC right now because of all the closures. Aulani was closed longer than most, so there is a lot of pent up demand.

Thank you for the honest reply and the info :)

We are working with an owner who owns at Aulani, so they have accessibility to book right at the 11 month mark.

I did give them three types of rental options we are aiming for, so there is a backup and a backup to the backup, I'm trying to keep my expectations real here

My next two choices are two standard studios and lastly a standard one bedroom

We're a family of 5, our kids 21,15&14 are going with us as well. We will be staying at Hale Koa for 5 nights prior in two hotel rooms, as our kids are not totally in love with sleeping on pull outs, but ...their being taken on this expensive trip...so
|Not sure how long your at Aulani for , but I would vote for a 1BDRM. With it you get a full kitchen and laundry. Save money with meals in the room.

We just stayed in a Standard Hotel Room with rented points June 27-July 2. We were in room 531. It had an adjoining room but not sure if that was the same category or not. Nice simple room, 2 queen beds (very uncomfortable), mircowave, small fridge, coffee pot, with “jungle” view as we called it with pieces of the parking garage peeking thru. D2C6497C-15D6-4C5F-8F65-18E66719A993.jpeg44B750F6-A3F2-4307-9B85-A4138C8040EB.jpeg4F1C9FE6-38F0-46C2-BFC1-D5B68D308DAD.jpegC862E330-467D-4354-805B-F79BA258EC03.jpeg7EDF9C03-7546-44F3-BDC2-CA0B94B46C26.jpegE093B4C1-8F95-4618-B21C-D9831AD481AD.jpeg42C214A7-6F70-4A57-A13F-2ABCA727EBE1.jpeg411D5874-A15B-49C3-B3A2-4F8EB5E773DE.jpegD45CAD27-C457-441A-8629-E31EBD57D99D.jpeg7E8A1B58-6C42-463F-82FF-C731FA067581.jpeg

Just got back. 8 nights DVC hotel room

We asked for a King bed. They were able to accommodate nights 2-8... Great that able to accommodate, but didn't get settled till second night.

I *think* the one side of that hall 531 - 547 (9 rooms) are DVC.

Our first night was in 547... End unit and actually had a very nice view of the mountains. No obstruction on one side. The upside/downside of this particular room was it's at then end of the hall where the stairs are... Nice cuz down 2 floors down right into lobby or quick egress into parking. Bad cuz there's a gate in the stairwell that rings like a gong everytime someone goes thru it ( if you sleep lightly it will be annoying )

They moved us into 533. This had a king bed with a pullout sofa. ( Next door to 531 PP ). It was an ADA room ( might be the only king bed in the lot ). We really didn't want to take ADA availability from someone who needed it, the front desk assured we were not. The room was nice... The only difference in bathroom, was no separate toilet door, and low entry tub... And grab bars all over.

We really didn't want to fully check out, store everything with bell services etc .. Disney was very cool about it. They let us stay in 547 until 533 was ready, then we just walked out stuff down the hall.

This end of hall was right by elevator and ice. Very nice ... Ez pool access.

We actually did quite a bit of food in the room. There is a microwave and fridge. 2 containers of poke from Costco (yum!) went a long way... and really good. On day 4 I was in one of the preview rooms off the pool deck and asked about getting a toaster... The CM called it up, they said they normally don't do that, but made an exception, and gave is a toaster! ( Much nicer for bagels ) :).

Perfect for just 2 of us ... Great first time. We were really only in room in morning for coffee and breakfast... Maybe another time for a snack or quick bite if not out exploring... We were in the hot tubs and pools almost every night till 10PM.

We have 3 kids in college... We would get a 1 BR if we brought them... But for 2 hotel room was perfect.

We have 3 kids in college... We would get a 1 BR if we brought them... But for 2 hotel room was perfect.
5 adults in a 1BR wouldn't work unless one of them is very tiny. The 5th sleeper is smaller than a twin. You'd probably be better off (for similar cost) going with two hotel rooms or two studios.

5 adults in a 1BR wouldn't work unless one of them is very tiny. The 5th sleeper is smaller than a twin. You'd probably be better off (for similar cost) going with two hotel rooms or two studios.
Yes! Great point. Luckily my daughter is small 😀.

We stayed successfuly in Boardwalk and Beach club studio last January. Those also have that flip down bed... similar to what we saw in the model at Aulani.

The real kicker for us would be the full Kitchen I think... My boys would eat thousands if we had to feed them with resort and restaurant food... Hehe.

I'm looking for info reguarding the 8 DVC Hotels rooms. I've tried looking in the big resort thread that has the layout map of all the different types of the DVC Rooms. There is a note in that thread that there isn't any info listed about the 8 DVC Hotels rooms because they are in the hotel wing of the resort.

Are the DVC Hotel rooms specific room numbers, or just 8 of all the regular hotel rooms are categorized for DVC (?)

I'm going to be renting from an owner and am wondering if I will be able to request connecting rooms for the ones we intend to rent, if that even is a thing. Of the hotel rooms are any of them a king connecting to the two queens or are they all two queens no matter what.

Just trying to get a feel for things. Thanks :)

Sounds like you want a 2 bedroom. The 2 bedroom has the master with a king and the 2nd bedroom is 2 queens. Each bedroom has their own bathroom. If they all want their own beds, the couch is a sleeper sofa.... My kids are 21 and 17 and if they had to share a bed we might have world war 10! LOL! Why not just go for a 2 bedroom?

We have a 1 bedroom for our trip next week and at the last minute added my inlays into the mix. My 21 year old is in college--- so we're putting 5 full grown adults in a 1 bedroom. It'll be tight, but it is what it is. There's no 2 bedrooms available.

Yes, of course we would love a 2 bedroom, but unless I start growing a money tree, that isn't going to happen.
We are going to Oahu for 12 days, so these three nights are just part of the trip.
The flights alone are very steep from the Carolina's, plus rental car prices, and expected food costs plus activities and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter