DVC Hawaii..Wed Nov.19th Groundbreaking???

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any more info on this..

Rumors say it is being delayed, but I saw something that Wed.Nov.19th is scheduled groundbreaking ceremony..

Anyone??

Thanks....:banana: Hope its a go!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I read a business report from the island that Disney and other resorts had put a hold on construction due to current economic conditions.

Guess we need to wait and see. :surfweb:

This report at DVCnews states that the groundbreaking is for November 19, 2009. It's probably a typo - we should know in a few days whether it is or not! ;)

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=687&Itemid=175

"Written by Tim Krasniewski
Monday, November 10, 2008 10:00AM
It has been over a year since Disney announced plans to build an 800+ resort hotel / timeshare on the Hawaiian island of Oahu. Despite rumors suggesting the project may be delayed, physical construction is set to begin on November 19, 2009.
"

This report at DVCnews states that the groundbreaking is for November 19, 2009. It's probably a typo - we should know in a few days whether it is or not! ;)

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=687&Itemid=175

"Written by Tim Krasniewski
Monday, November 10, 2008 10:00AM
It has been over a year since Disney announced plans to build an 800+ resort hotel / timeshare on the Hawaiian island of Oahu. Despite rumors suggesting the project may be delayed, physical construction is set to begin on November 19, 2009.
"
Actually what it says is groundbreaking is Wed, 19 Nov and doesn't specify a date and in 2008 Nov 19 is on Wed. It also says construction starts on 19 Nov, 2009 which is a Thursday, we'll see. I suspect groundbreaking will occur, I seem to recall it did for Newport Coast and I think for EP as well. IMO, that really does not mean much as to what's going to happen with construction one way or another.

Actually what it says is groundbreaking is Wed, 19 Nov and doesn't specify a date and in 2008 Nov 19 is on Wed. It also says construction starts on 19 Nov, 2009 which is a Thursday, we'll see. I suspect groundbreaking will occur, I seem to recall it did for Newport Coast and I think for EP as well. IMO, that really does not mean much as to what's going to happen with construction one way or another.

If it has to be on a Wednesday, it could be November 19, 2008 or even November 19, 2014. :)

Actually, I contacted tjkraz (who wrote the article) and he confirmed it was a typo and has now corrected the date in the article. Groundbreaking is scheduled for this coming Wednesday - November 19, 2008. Time will tell what may ultimately happen! :)

I read a business report from the island that Disney and other resorts had put a hold on construction due to current economic conditions.

Guess we need to wait and see. :surfweb:
The "business report" was a blog entry on 11/09/2008 by a Prudential residential real estate agent in Hawaii. See her blog entry at http://activerain.com/blogsview/781...ders-Trump-Ocean-Resort-in-Baja-loses-funding

Real business publications are reporting that ground will be broken this week on Wednesday, November 19.

If it has to be on a Wednesday, it could be November 19, 2008 or even November 19, 2014. :)

Actually, I contacted tjkraz (who wrote the article) and he confirmed it was a typo and has now corrected the date in the article. Groundbreaking is scheduled for this coming Wednesday - November 19, 2008. Time will tell what may ultimately happen! :)
Actually 2014 may be more right than you know given some of the info on financing and the economy.

I think the one that said it was going to be 2009 is a typo as i just clicked on the article and it said Nov 19 2008

The ground breaking is happening today (11/19). Should have happened already since the morning news said it was supposed to start at around 10:30am. It would have been fun to make it out to that side of the island for this, but too bad I had test which didn't end till about 1015 and it would have been around a 45 minute drive there.
http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/11600/245/

That water slide they refer to sounds awesome!:dance3:

Sounds like a beautiful resort! Hope to make it there one day! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

The ground breaking is happening today (11/19). Should have happened already since the morning news said it was supposed to start at around 10:30am. It would have been fun to make it out to that side of the island for this, but too bad I had test which didn't end till about 1015 and it would have been around a 45 minute drive there.
http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/11600/245/

:woohoo: WhooHoo!! Thanks for posting the proof we were waiting for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter